Thread: Package for headphone port for Ubuntu 11.04

Package for headphone port for Ubuntu 11.04

I have Toshiba Satellite L750 and install the ubuntu 11.04. There is a problem regarding the earphone port. My earphone port is not working properly, but in respect to the speaker the speaker is a working fine, so I’m very much confused is about these problems, is there any package need to be install to make my ear phone to work, I don’t have that much of information about such kind of driver, so guys you know any such driver or you have any solution for my query then please help, so I can enjoy the music’s in my ear phone. Guys provide your help. Your suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Package for headphone port for Ubuntu 11.04

These types of driver which you’re talking ids supported by the Microsoft Windows and not by the any Linux versions. So you have to take the guidance of some Linux expert and may it happen that you’re ear phone is not working properly because of some hardware issue.

Go for the connection check up properly, see whether your ear phone pin fit in to the socket of your system or not, if it fitted properly and even then your ear phone is not working that may be the hardware you are using is not supported by your system.

If these problems occur in Toshiba then this might be the problems for the audio jack. See whether your audio jack is integrated into the motherboard if yes then your problems solve here because such problems occurs when there is the integration of audio jack with the motherboard take place . So you have to remove the audio jack from the motherboard, and replace the head jack with the new one.