Thread: What is the need to upgrade to VMware view 5?

What is the need to upgrade to VMware view 5?

So now they are running on Vista 4.6 with all hosts on VMware ESXi 4.1 U1.We are also running the same version of ESXi on our server environment. Our current implementation of VDI is about 50 customers and is starting to explode as more and more of our customers really want to be virtualized.

All our desktops are Windows 7 64-bit SP1. All our customers are using Samsung NC240 zero customers. So my opinion as an administrator would not be such a terrible thought to get the update prior to our implementation is much bigger nevertheless Vista is very new I'm a little hesitant.

Just a suggestion, for reasons for or against the update? Is it necessary for our server environment vSphere 5 prior to upgrading your VDI environment?

Re: What is the need to upgrade to VMware view 5?

We shop almost identical. Vista platform 4.6 (currently in pilot phase for almost 50 users) running ESXi 4.6 server also provides only 32-bit SP1 Win7 VDI virtual machines. The only difference in our environment is that the use UniDesk. UniDesk far is a enormous explanation for our requirements.
    With that said, I am very curious about the improvements the majority View 5 says: Premier Edition only: User Management View VMware profile person is called, providing the user customization stateless desktops.

Optimization and Person PCoIP Vista makes me want to go out and update at this time of course, nobody wants to be the one to find any error or problem with a product so it is always the best analysis or testing of the first update. In the event that the upgrade to Vista definitely top 5, as it runs in vSphere 4.1 Update 1 without problems. I do not think that 4.6 is compatible with Vista running on vSphere 5.

So upgrading to Vista 5 and then move to the vSphere 5 upgrade for the environment. I also just recently found out something about the way linked. You cannot run mixed versions vCenter if they are in way connected. At the instance of the first will update dead link in anticipation of the second vCenter has also been updated.

I played around with the piece character Vista during the beta and thought it was very cool. We currently use AppSense and certainly will be looking in person seen as a replacement for that.

View 5 actually is not new. Depending on how you look. It is new in the sense that we made it available yesterday. It is new in the sense that the volume of code delivered through a new feature, bug fixes and performance optimizations is something new. The days of software development monolithic branched versions of earlier versions are rapidly disappearing. Sure, you have no idea how to build and develop the right software?

I can tell view 5 was built out of Vista 4.6; the connection manager is the same. What I mean is that there was a major architectural change to the view 5. The new value-added features have been added, a lot of bug fixes in all areas and branches of performance optimizations.

We have over 5. 000 hours of domestic dog food in the environment 5.0 dog food, not counting our QE, and system testing has been underway. There were 1000 participants in the beta work with more than 5 Show last month. At the VMworld all 420 + stations for hands on lab. labs running in beta View 5 of our laboratory system of clouds.

Our internal process is going along these lines - We have friends and family for our latest development. For example, when I was finishing the view of launching the 5 and dog food last week I've migrated to the following versions of Vista vSphere /. I'm living in a virtual desktop with the best and most things are developing and working. At the same time, our dog food 5 See now the transition to production for all Vista users.

So - on how linked vCenter, so you would have to upgrade all our vcenter 5 linked to keep the way of work?

The reason I ask is that our management likes the view pane of glass that offers a way related, but we are almost certainly at the same time as previous, w advance our VSphere 5 server environment

VCenter 5 should be able to manage 4.1 hosts. I still pour over the upgrade guide to see if there traps.

As someone else mentioned Unidesk - I've been watching and wandering what additional benefits from Vista continue to provide added management personality?

Is it still worth the cost?

I'll let someone who has it in production to answer your questions and working with the product every day. Just wanted to add that I learned at VMworld if you already have licenses Premier perceive what you could acquire a pleasant discount on licenses unidesk

All licensing is view premier.

Yes, UniDesk provides a substantial discount if you are a Premier customer and VMware View UniDesk (in my opinion) have a good .Demo of my research, price comparisons, and in depth with third party sellers with VDI players.

• Price comparison-The price comparison is basically the same for 4 players. (If a Home Depot in the corner, you know Lowes will soon be the same .Basically, these licenses players $ 70 per seat, with a $ 18 annual maintenance / renewal per seat. Each vendor will have a small

• Technical aspects: I have established that UniDesk is the leader with respect to the 3 major areas I consider critical: storage investments, "True" persistence, and operation of applications. UniDesk addition, all other players do not supply an all in one explanation. AppSense seems to be extreme for the requirements of our outline. I believe the similar is true for RingCube. Not convinced if this product distorted since Citrix buy. In fact, I'm doing my morning demo software method RES. As we are acquainted with, credit cards do not offer VMware "truth" persistent desktop. Cache points UniDesk used to display an image of gold that individual VM 40, 50 or more are used, but only consume the golden footprint once for cache point. In the business. I've been using in our pilot 4.6 UniDesk about 2.5 months. I love it.