Thread: How can i request a Outlook 2011 read receipt

How can i request a Outlook 2011 read receipt

I have just installed the Outlook 2011 on Mac. Before hand I have heard that read receipts are not available in Outlook for Mac 2011. How do I demand a read receipt while sending e-mail through Outlook for Mac 2011?

Re: How can i request a Outlook 2011 read receipt

It's about the Outlook 2011 has nothing to do with the versions for Windows at all. Now I have scoured all the possibilities and also sent to the Google search: Sorry, no answer. It seems to me, this possibility does not exist in Outlook 2011th. The answers to several questions always come from Windows users who still have not figured out is that Mac OS X is a fully maintain system than Windows and therefore also the same little programs. Somewhere I have a forum once MS Office for Mac seen, but unfortunately I have the address anymore

As such confirmations are not standard, and many programs do not support the "evidence" anyway, tends toward zero in the eyes of many will simply ignore such requests by mail discreetly. And no, you cannot activate it somehow.

With Outlook Express you can change the recipients of an e-mail request to send a read receipt. This gives you the assurance that the recipient has received an e-mail. To get a read receipt for a single mail in Outlook Express, click on one occasion on New e-mail. Request read receipt - afterward in the New Message window, choose the menu item Tools. To always obtain for every e-mail a read receipt, click into the program window of Outlook Express, click Tools - Options - Confirmations. Then activate the preference with single click Request read receipt intended for all sent messages.

But beware: Not all mail recipients like these requirements. Sending a read receipt is also purely voluntary. A receiver can also read the mail without sending the confirmation. Therefore, this reading is confirmed to be treated with caution and not 100 percent reliable.

It depends on what you use to send it. If you use Outlook after you have made new message, send it in first go to OPTIONS and check the box "Request delivery notifications" and "ASK FOR CONFIRMATION OF READING".

The read receipt is a totally useless piece of technology in email. First, it is not a read receipt; just a confirmation that someone is "OK" is printed in an annoying pop-up. When "acknowledgment" is equally meaningless. After all, if an email is NOT received, you will get an error message. In addition, one's mail clients have been set to ignore these things. He can indeed read and received, without you there message back.

Lastly, it is also very pushy from the sender: You do not always just the right time to sense or e-mail to answer. I only see disadvantages to a read-receipt. Sometimes an old-fashioned registered letter is not all that crazy.

In my Outlook 2011 mail I receive delivery reports now of receivers that allow this. I see in Outlook 2011 but no setting for it, but I've taken over the accounts from the main identities from Entourage 2008. There I had entered it manually.