Thread: Displaying Invalid name and status - VMware ThinApp

Displaying Invalid name and status - VMware ThinApp

We are having a problem adding an msi. As an application using the Administration Console views. We twisted a repository and put in a dissimilar application by means of the console. Productively added, and all was well with the accomplishment of the unrelenting application. When annoying to add the ACE calculation engine. Msi, there is "unacceptable" for the name and the state.

When you run the installation package locally installed without any trouble and the application runs devoid of any troubles. Fundamentally, this is one ThinApp. Exe files that are on paper to the installation directory. There is an element in the event viewer in Vista server with the following message:

Details of the error. HRESULT hr = 0x80070715. The particular resource type can not be established in the image file. That’s all the information we have, so I'm not convinced what "resources" that are looking for. Does anybody know how to glue this mistake advance? As I said, exe generate for this ThinApp works very well, and when running the MSI locally installed and works very well. This is only a problem with getting to be managed by the server Vista.

Re: Displaying Invalid name and status - VMware ThinApp

Compulsory to establish MSIStreaming

had the same trouble when generating the ThinApp only creates an executable that can be run yourself, nevertheless if you add the repository, you must decide on MSI building just prior to the build, after that that can be added ThinApp to observe and not acquire the Invalid mistake "to produce the MSI package" immediately after scanning message.

MSIStreaming = 1 option is great to take into account, is published just before the package.ini build and change the setting from 0 to 1 and build them, that way you have the option of deploying the full and transmission, t if you do not use it, then you can only do full

Genuine motive why my package was deteriorating to be predictable was suitable for the reason that there was an exe. In the package. The management console View was looking for a suitable executable file. In package it was added and it was not determined. On the other hand, the MSI Built and installed either as a stand-alone. I asked if he thinking the packages do not permit executable to be deployed through the management console in the future, and have not yet received a response.

I'm having the same trouble with one of my thinapps.In my matter, the ThinApp package has 80 entry points, 3 have been published as a shortcut, a point-based input cmd, an entry point. Htm and a link helpctr.exe.The other 57 are command line utilities. From my understanding, they are not suitable because of the shortcut object is inside the package, is that correct?

After more than a few packages to give me troubles with answers or KBs proceeded to answer this. I’ve only seen this trouble with applications from Microsoft, I imagine there are others. The line in question is in the package.ini. This will root VMware View to start on a "not valid" error when exploration in a new-fangled ThinApp package from the repository. The trouble occurs in ThinApp SDK if the executable ThinApp package source is not in reality part of the package, nevertheless you loaded native file system.

Code:
    Example
    [Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.dat] 
    Source =% ProgramFilesDir% \ Microsoft Office \ Office12 \ WINWORD.EXE 
    ReadOnlyData = bin \ Package.ro.tvr 
    MetaDataContainerOnly = 1

I had this trouble, and it was b / c I left my msi exe files. You have to keep the MSI. And the files. Exe /. Dat file in that folder.

Application needs a network drive to install. After the install, the shortcut points to an exe program on the mapped network drive D. \ Macsql \ MACOLA32.EXE.

ThinApp I see this as "invalid" in the reservoir exploration, since it does not recognize the file. Exe as a shortcut to a network drive. / / I also tried to adapt the file line package.ini MSIStreaming = 1.

So did a quick test, I captured: notepad.exe copy on the server .Made shortcut to that exe on my desktop .However, I get the same message as you. I have never captured a network drive mapping shortcut. Wonder if that is? Have you done any mapped drives before capture?

I have not ever needed .Glad to know it's easy to play. I may be coming to support VMware today.

I like to thanks everyone for help throughout the problem. Finally I to take further help from VMware premium Support. So that they can respond quickly.