Thread: Transfer Office 2008 to new OS X 10.7 System

Transfer Office 2008 to new OS X 10.7 System

I have just purchased a new Macbook Air running Lion. I utilized the setup assistant in order to transport files as well as apps from my obtainable Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard. While I open Entourage on top of the Macbook Air I obtain a message telling an Exchange account has been discovered, furthermore that the Home as well as Student version won't be capable to make use of this account. However the version I essentially encompass is the Standard version. Is there any way to fix this thing?

Re: Transfer Office 2008 to new OS X 10.7 System

You want to transfer all your macbook pro on the new (operating system and all?). If so, make a copy of your hard drive with Carbon Copy Cloner 3 (free) and then use Migration Assistant and the new macbook pro, you should be able to use your archive CCC!

I was capable to resolve the problem, although. I wiped the drive on top of the Macbook Air, reverting it toward the acquisition state. After that I tried migrating by the use of a Time Machine backup (the foremost moment, I did a wireless migration by the use of Setup Assistant.). Following this next migration Office 2008 operates usually through every one of my settings as well as files in position. Obviously a number of glitch happened for the duration of the foremost migration.

Account transfer is a utility that will allow you to transfer your data on a change machine or at a restaurant. It is also an assistant who takes care of starting a new machine to offer you to recover data from an old machine. Migration Assistant allows you to recover data from a disk containing a system: A machine mounted Firewire ( * Target mode ), a clone of a machine (even different), a machine on your network (this is the system used by the MacBook Air), but also from a Time Machine backup.

Beware, if your machines are very different (eg PPC / Intel) you will potentially inappropriate transfer applications. It is possible to perform recoveries in several stages.