Thread: Cannot access vmware-host after upgrading windows7 and vmware fusion3.0

Cannot access vmware-host after upgrading windows7 and vmware fusion3.0

Hey guys I have been wondering what’s the problem with the VMware now? It was working fine when I was using the vista and Fusion 2.0.6 but from the time I have upgraded to the windows 7 and then VMware Fusion 3.0 the application has stopped working please help me know what to do what’s the problem now? Suggest something which can solve the problem.

Re: Cannot access vmware-host after upgrading windows7 and vmware fusion3.0

Well I would be asking you to try out the NAT and the Bridged modes from the VMware network adapter with no other affect I am sure this would be helping you out because whenever I have had a problem I have solved it with these solution.

This has been a problem with almost all the user who have been doing such changes so we need to be careful before doing all this and not what we have to do. Anyways I have had the same problem and I haven’t updated from the vista I have installed windows 7 using the VMware Fusion 3.0 and I don’t think that this is a simple problem this have been a very serious problem and there have been number of problem not only we cannot map the drive with that the mirroring also don’t works and I would be saying whoever has been very good with the VMware address and all can correct this for sure.

Ok so what I would be asking you to do is have you tried to disconnect the networkshare and then uninstall the VMware tools. I am sure that this would be helping you.

In the new fusion 3 there has been certain changes which has been making all this things go tougher and tougher so we need to know about this first and it is like they have been changing the uncpath to share that folder and this has been the problem for all this. And ther have been more problems like whenever I was trying to select to share the documents folder on the OS X with my XP SP3 vm in fusion 3 and then unc path is vmware-host\Shared Folders\My Documents. And for this you can look out for the correct network patch when you have been mapping the new network drive and then choose to browse The shared folder has been under tha VMware shared folder option.

I am not having any problem like as you guys have been suggesting and I have been using this from such a long time and the application works fine I have updated it with the version 3.0 and it is fine with me I think that you need to reinstall it and then see if it working.

Satyrs Guest

The only new thing what I can say about this would be that I have saw something in the windows explorer’s left pane if you would try to open the network then the VMware host would be appearing but if you would be attempting to open it you would be getting the error saying that the VMware is not accessible and you might have no permission that would be allowing the network resources and after that you need to contact the administrator of this server to find that is the permission for the access. The network address would be invalid.

Same problem and I don’t think that this would be solved because this has been the problem with the application itself and the problem would be solved when the application would be having the update and once there would be an update we need to get it and then the problem would be solved easily. For sure.

I have only two points to talk about on this and it would be as the general remark as the Discovered that there has been use of the search VMware Communities which has been using the Google VMware site in their search box which is below the general search box. And this produces a great number of results which has been with the same problem. I have been searching for all the instances for the phrases and then shared folder in my registry and I have deleted all of those instances which have been related with the VMware and then I deselected the share folder on the MAC and then reinstalled VMware tools and then I just logged away and then somehow it was working when I came back again so I am just a bit lucky with this.

Ok so if you have been choice the document in your windows to the point with the VMware shared Folder then you need to reset it back to the original default location. Then the next step would be just simply shutdown and then suspend the virtual machine. Now you need to click to start and then turn off the system. What’s next? So I t would be like the virtual machine library dialog box would be selecting the target as the virtual machine and then it would be clicking the setting buttons. Then it would be selecting the shared folder and then uncheck it to enable at the power on the check box if they have been checked.

Now restart you virtual machine and then re install the VMware tools, once the tool are installed you can re enable the shared folder.

Now my solution would be to erase the VM and then you need to start it from the beginning this is not a big solution but it has been solving ma problem and so I have been suggesting you about this. And then I think that I have also choosed a less integrated choice while the startup.

Thanks for making this discussion so useful and i was expecting this from you i wanted this to happen nicely. Many of my friends have updated but no one has got the problem and that's why i was worried. And i was thinking that there is no problem with the application and there is some problme in the windows security with this application anyways the important thing what i want to say is that this problem has been solved it was really a nice thing to go with and was very simply done just by reinstalling.