Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-09-2011

Office 2008 on Os X Lion opens multiple files at startup

It seems to me that there is either a problem with my OS X or the office 2008. I have installed it. I don?t think that there is any kind of compatibility issue. The problem is that while Excel otherwise Word begins they open numerous files that have been unlock in preceding sessions. The trouble is receiving worse with cumulatively additional files being opened. I have seen the same problem in windows version of office but it seems to me that it is the new issue in Mac.
Old 14-09-2011

Re: Office 2008 on Os X Lion opens multiple files at startup

I know the thread is very old, but unfortunately I've encountered just the same problem. Unfortunately, it dissolves in me is not so simple. I do exactly the same as the previous speaker (I try to open multiple Excel files via macro by which I write commands on one line), but I would file name dynamically, when I read the name of the file to open cells. I always get the same error, "not found, RuntimeError 1004th (which has the one quoted to do it, I do not know, and I find in my code, not a typo or something). Also, the file names are all there and the path existent well. A single file (always the first, no matter what I put forward), it opens, it gets out.
Old 14-09-2011

Try deleting all files from the library configuration and try to re-launch it. If so 'should not be trying to reinstall. Then redo the updates and see if it 'just the last one gives you problems.
Old 14-09-2011

If you have the serial number (I did not understand from your post sincerely), I download a torrent from a serial port and use the original software would still be original! From Microsoft, I doubt you can download a full version: the only hope and 'search for a valid version XX days where you can enter your serial port to make it original, but at this point you might as well pay a CD or download the software from the Internet , so you've got the serial.
Old 14-09-2011

It seems to me that the issue is with compatibility patch that will lower windows update. If your software is not genuine you would have to download a crack, I recommend you download it from utorrent.
Old 14-09-2011

There is no need to worry about this issue because it is not the issue. It is just a mistake made by you, without your concern. The actual thing is you can open a group of folders at once by creating an environment file. This file records information about all open workbooks, such as location, the window size and position on the screen. When you open a workspace file using the File / Open, Microsoft Excel opens each workbook saved in the environment.
Old 14-09-2011

Say, if you had bothered to read the message at the top forums for Lion, read the FAQ to "avoid unnecessary opening of a subject," you would have already been able to find the compatibility list and learn a little more. Also a search on the forums will have you also enabled to find that it is compatible, at some point about details (which should be resolved by next update Office side).

That said, if you do use a little support from your application (any kind) we can only recommend you to wait a while before moving on to a version of Mac OS X is not yet frankly " mature. " Nothing prevents you to install Leo on an external drive to your test, on the contrary.
Old 14-09-2011

Microsoft Office 2008 introduces a new file format that is readable from a previous version of Microsoft Office. We will see during this podcast how to make its Office 2008 files compatible with older version of Office for each application Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
Old 15-09-2011

In theory, Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac runs on Mac OS X "Lion" to be a Universal application type, i.e. containing the code for both PowerPC and Intel-type for. I said I would work in theory, since after upgrading to Lion, some users say Microsoft Office 2008 continues to run smoothly, while others fail to even open the programs of the suite.

It is assumed that Microsoft is working on updates for Office 2008 as well as those specific to Office 2011, which also has some incompatibilities. But being updated in some way or the installer will provide a new one?. Let's wait a couple of weeks.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,