Thread: VMware view on Cisco webVPN

VMware view on Cisco webVPN

I consider that combine these two would create an astonishing remote access option. WebVPN allow a logged in user to entrée the protected network all the way through java based plugins or to obtain a "Cisco Secure Desktop" which is essentially a virtual desktop that runs on the ASA.I believe that the eventual option would be to have a remote user log into the WebVPN and have a VMware View client load in its place of the CSD. Is there a java based VMware View client? I'm positive that the RDP plug-in could also be leveraged.

Re: VMware view on Cisco webVPN

I designed a model that is based on Cisco SSLVPN, CSD and Advanced End Point Protection.

The way it workings, is the remote user logs in with the SSLVPN client , that downloads the CSD/AEPP and does the endpoint stance ensure and remediation. The user then can make use of IE to hit the internal View portal to open their VMs. There actually is not require if you are using CSD to attempt and force View thru a ASA web interface. You have secured the desktop, just run the View client or launch it from the browser.

I by no means consider of it this way. This may work for us. I'm not convinced if the web portal will be enable for the VDI accomplishment nevertheless there is no motive that we couldn't offer users with the VMware view software.

You should use that additional piece of software to do that. If you only use the web portal, only the browser windows has access to the VPN, not the other ports. At the moment there is no portal support with View.

I have had the same confront and got a really high-quality operational explanation. ASA access via ICA or RDP plug-in to a Citrix or Terminal Server is the standard remote access offering here although View Client will not install on that OS which is MS Server 2003. The straightforward explanation for us was to ThinApp the Client and run it virtualized.They can unite the ASA a logon to a server that has View Client as its shell and a logoff menu option - that it.

Full desktop access commencing any browser with no local software install required - simple in addition to it works

I have tried implement this and originate there is a Cisco bug with WEBVPN on the ASA - CSCsx68765 vdi/VDM. VMware applications do not function with smart tunnel characteristic. Still open in the most recent code 8.2.your best gamble is to represent the security server on the internet as a DNS name that remote users be able to perceive devoid of the smart tunnel; this seem to work.

I have View client 3 running on Win2003 TS with Citrix 4.5 without troubles. It's not the most excellent presentation nevertheless was the simplest way to give hold up staff access to their PCs in an existing Cisco/Citrix remote access environment.

I have gone through suggestion and this instruction working 100 percent for me. If you require any more help than please let me know here. I will be glad to help to solve your queries.