Thread: VMware Player is unable to start

VMware Player is unable to start

Hello friends, I am using the Fedora 15 64-bit desktop, so on this desktop I am using the VMware player and I using the player from the past of the 3 to 4 month. I was facing no problem with the player when I was using it. I want to say that when I was trying the VMware Kernel Module Updater then it was saying that the module should be complied and it should be loaded on to the running kernel. So when I click on the install I am getting error which says that it is unable to build the kernel module. So please suggest what should I do and how I can solve the problem. Please give your suggestion and advice to me. Thank you.

Re: VMware Player is unable to start

My friend I was also facing the same problem, as I was installing the VMware Player 3.1.4 385536.x86_64, so I have reinstall all the kernel driver and try to installed it and it has worked, so you can check and try it, might work.

Well I cannot say properly about this problem as I was also facing the problem and I have solved it with the new requirement so I have reinstalled the VMware Player on to the system. As I have installed the Mint as earlier I was using the Fedora desktop. So you can also try to switch to then operating system and try to install in it and it might work for you. When you install the new operating system then you install the VMware Player on to the system as a fresh install and then check it, it will work it properly and it will give no problem to you. Just give a try.

You should try to install the VMware Player again on to the system, before you install just completely uninstall the VMware Player from the system and do a single restart of the system. Then install it again on the system.

One of the above user have told you to install the new operating system, I would also suggest the same to you, as you try to update the existing player on the system, as per the update the new player is been not supported on to your system and you have to switch to the other operating system. When you switch to the new operating system then you will be able to work and you will be not finding any of the problems with the player on the system. So you should try for it and it might help you and you will be able to work also. You can try this solution as it is completely switching from one operating system to the other.

You search on the Google; over there you will be able to find the solution and you can also find the link to solve the problem you are getting.

On the internet you have to search for the solution, as this is problem which is been related to the update of the player, I would suggest you to install the player which is the older version and try to run the player on the system, if you try to update it then it will show the problem again and again, so install the older and try not to update the player.