Thread: Documents created in previous version of word is not working well with Word 2011

Documents created in previous version of word is not working well with Word 2011

I am using a mac book an i have upgraded to Mac 2011 currently and the problem which i am facing now is that i had some word document which was created in the previous version of word which are not opening in word for mac 2011 is this any compatibility issue? i hardly have any idea about this and i don't know hot to resolve this? is there any way to solve this ?

Re: Documents created in previous version of word is not working well with Word 2011

You can try this solution if you are receiving any kind of error while opening the document just try to open your document within the Word application itself after that try to save it with new file format.What all you have to do is just Start the Word which is used for Mac application and then on the File menu just click on the Open and then in the Convert File window just scroll down and then select the Recover Text from any of the file after doing this might get some warning so then just click on this might change some formatting and then save this file again using the format list and then save it with a .docx extension.Later try yo open your word document again hope this solution would have solved your problem.

Re: Documents created in previous version of word is not working well with Word 2011

I will suggest you to open the document in the earlier version of word which is used for the mac application if at all you really need those document because i don't think that the the above solution might solve your problem.So if you want you can just try opening it in the earlier version of word for mac application such as Word 2004, Word X, or Word 2001.This version will surely help you out to open the document that you had made.

You can also try to repair the file by this solution just check out the following solution and it might luckily help you out.Just Start you Word on you computer and then go to File menu and then click on Open and keep in mind that if you are using Word 2007 then just go with clicking on the Microsoft Office Button and then open it,and then just Open the dialog box and then select the file that you are willing to open and then click down on the arrow on the Open button and then click on the open and repair the document and then save the document.

I have just now upgraded to Office for Mac 2011 from Office for Mac 2008 and now when i am using word and when i use the the arrow key function it appears to have been reversed compared to its default performance as the up arrow key is actually performing down action and the down arrow key is performing the up action.I have not changed any settings by now and don't have any idea regarding this problem.Is there any one who can help me out of this.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Is there any kind of "system enhancer" or any "keyboard enhancer" running in the background,if your answer is yes then then they might be interfering with your Word.So just try to perform this solution,firstly Restart your machine in Safemode and then in order to go in to the safe mode you have to press the Shift key as soon as you hear the start up tone and after you see the gray screen.Performing this it will disable all the other non-Apple extras and now just start your word again and see if your problem has been solved.Thank you

You can also try this solution as well in case the above solution fails to solve your problem.What you have to do is just start your Word while holding the Shift button which will automatically ignore all the preferences as well as the Normal.dotm template and after your arrow are reassigned to its default function then this will surely help you to solve your problem.I had once faced the same kind of problem and it was solved by the same method hoe this work for you as well.

This prioblem is often found in the following word for Mac file types which are written with the File type followed by their Operating system type and its extension.
    • Microsoft Word 1.x-5.x document-GLOS
    • Microsoft Word 1.x-5.x document-WDBN/doc
    • Microsoft Word 1.x-5.x stationery document-sDBN/doc
    • Microsoft Word document-PDBN
    • Microsoft Word document-SITD
    • Microsoft Word HTML stationery document-sTML
    • Microsoft Word RTF stationery document-sTF