Thread: The default date format has changed into Microsoft Word 2011

The default date format has changed into Microsoft Word 2011

I have installed Office 2011 on the computer of mine. Well I have noticed that the date format as Month, Date, Year in word 2011 is changed. The Auto finish feature is seems to be leaving with first two number of the year. When I wanted to insert the menu and Date and Time but I am not getting any preferences option in it. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: The default date format has changed into Microsoft Word 2011

Well looking at the situation I wanted to know what operating system do you running on the computer? What is the configuration of the computer? Let me know whether there is any changes on the system. Which antivirus program do you running? Can you tell me if you are having any other information on this particular matter.

I have managed to produce the above mentioned issue in my situation. Well to reproduce the same you have to go for System Preferences and click on the Language and Text and then click on the Formats. Finally you have to click on the Dates and Settings where the Date Long format was set to the 2 digits.

Once I have closed the Preferences panel I have quit and reopened the Word. I have went for the Insert and clicked on Date and Time which was changed from the June 19, 2011 to June 19,11.

Well there are lots of people who are having the same issue which you have mentioned over here. to figure out the root cause and the solution for the same I have search a lot on internet. I have come to know that the date format will display the year as the 2 digits than that of the 4 digits. But still you are having any doubt about the thing which I have stated over here than I let you know that you should contact the Microsoft and ask them about the further help on this particular matter. Let me know about the experience of yours on this particular matter so that the other users who are having the same query like you will get help from it.