Thread: Having trouble with installing “Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac” gives error “no mountable file systems”

Having trouble with installing “Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac” gives error “no mountable file systems”

Hey guys I am using MacBook air with the OSX Lion now I was planning to get myself Microsoft Office 2011 but I thought before buying let check the durability on that product the problem is that I am able to download the trial version of 2011 Office from the website but when I double click the installation file it can’t install it as its constantly get the error message “no mountable file systems". Now I am getting this kind of error for the first time so I don’t know about this problem but I am guessing it’s because of MS office 2011 is it not compatible with OSX lion as I am the new Mac user so please kindly help me on this I would be very glad thanks

Re: Having trouble with installing “Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac” gives error “no mountable file systems”

Just wanted to know if you are trying to install it on some separate drive or volume I am familiar with this particular error and like to inform you that you might be need to contact the Apple support with your new MacBook Air as that is the only option that is available to you for getting rid of this problem

Re: Having trouble with installing “Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac” gives error “no mountable file systems”

No mountable file system is actually means that the disk image is corrupted so in such case you can’t do anything but to remove the copy that you have downloaded and download the fresh copy again and if its repeatedly gives the same error them I will assume that the file is corrected form the server side itself and that leave you with no option but to wait for the another upload or you can contact the Microsoft support this will help you there is nothing wrong with the MacBook Air and if you want to know about the is compatible with OS X Lion I have came across the similar post that will answer your question all you need to click here Does Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is compatible with OS X Lion 10.7

Hope this will solve your queries

Start your laptop in safe mode first and then see if the installer works or not just do a fresh start up with Safe boot to find out whether background programs are interfering with Office for Mac

I was also getting the same error and I don’t know why I deleted the set up file from the hard disk and then downloaded it again in the in the external USB drive and that actually worked for me so I suggest you should also try this may be this will work with you also I think The air doesn't have a typical hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kraal View Post
    I was also getting the same error and I don’t know why I deleted the set up file from the hard disk and then downloaded it again in the in the external USB drive and that actually worked for me so I suggest you should also try this may be this will work with you also I think The air doesn't have a typical hard drive.
    Thanks a lot for giving this information its really worked for me it would surely help others with a similar issue.