Thread: How to change “Microsoft office 2011 for Mac” language as I bought the wrong language package

How to change “Microsoft office 2011 for Mac” language as I bought the wrong language package

Well I was not aware about what language CD I have bought its only after I open the package I realize that I have order language that I actually don’t know on Microsoft office 2011 for Mac can anyone here assist me regarding this I would be very glad to know this .

Re: How to change “Microsoft office 2011 for Mac” language as I bought the wrong language package

Welcome to group I also did the same thing by mistake ordered the Spanish edition of Office Mac 2011, Student version. as soon as I received the package, I see that the majority of the writing was in Spanish, still I didn't recognize that Office was only sold one language at a time. I consider that I could select the language at the time of or after installation like most other applications. In my case I wanted the English version and I can’t read any of the Spanish menu and the big thing was the dictionaries was also in Spanish.

I got my order via “buy” online which is taxas based so I thought they would sell US versions yet if they are Spanish The serial numberon the Microsoft support website shows that it's unacceptable for this country. So, either Buy.com is promoting products they shouldn't be in this country or the Microsoft’s support site is confused up. I am not able to inquire to Microsoft the question about this through support, as it doesn't know the serial number for US.

So anyone here know if I be able to download an english language pack, or if Microsoft would permit me to swap the Spanish version for English as Buy.com will not accept it back since I open it. And I don’t want to wast my money to get the another office

Re: How to change “Microsoft office 2011 for Mac” language as I bought the wrong language package

Well I have the similar issue should I remove it first And what about the activation codes will work again

I heard I had heard that the product key itself is language-independent it means that it would works in spite of the language of the product so id toy able to get the Microsoft Office installer disc on English version like say form your friend then you can install the product, using your own product key during the installation process So, if you bought a French copy or Spanish copy borrow a friend's English installer disc and use your own product key when installing the product. Hope this would help you thanks

You can also download the English trial from https://www.microsoft.com/mac/trial and use your CD key to activate this same thing

Great info man I will definitely see if this works and will post the reply regarding this the only thing that worries me is the serial number on the Microsoft support website shows that it's unacceptable for this country I hope this should not get in the way

Thanks man it’s worked for me hope this work for you also thanks

I Changed my Mic Office Lang from Spanish To English In 30 Mins.

For all who have the same story like me who got the office for mac in some lang and wants it in the other.
    Trash out your old language (office for mac software) from the Mac . Download the new language , put the code , and your on.
    Thats it :Nothing more.

Well mine worked .