Thread: How can I insert the text box into the chart in the Excel sheet of Office 2011?

How can I insert the text box into the chart in the Excel sheet of Office 2011?

Well I am having a particular query which is associated with Office 2011 of Mac. I wanted to know how can I insert the text icon into chart of the Excel 2011? I am not able to find out the textbox anywhere. I am waiting for the responses of yours on this particular matter. I am hoping that all the users of this particular forum will help me out to get the requirement of mine. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How can I insert the text box into the chart in the Excel sheet of Office 2011?

To get the requirement of yours you need to use the following instruction.
    • From the insert menu and you have to click on Text box.
    • Now you should drag and draw the text box of the desire size.

So you should use the same and let me know whether it was useful to you.

Re: How can I insert the text box into the chart in the Excel sheet of Office 2011?

After going through the post of yours I let you know that there will not be any icon for the text box. however the solution for you is that you should simply go for the Insert Menu option from the main menu bar and then you should go for the Text box command.

Well to fix the matter of yours I am suggesting following steps which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
    1. You should choose workbook cell and then go for View and Toolbars and Customize Toolbars & Menus.
    2. From the Customize Toolbars & Menus you have to click on the Toolbars and Menu Pane where you have to create a new Toolbar.
    3. Now choose Insert.
    4. You have to hold the Option key down and drag the Text Box icon from the toolbar.
    5. You have to click on the Ok so that you can exit the dialog box.
    6. Now you have to choose the chart and go for Customize Toolbars & Menus.
    7. Finally you have to drag the Text Box command from the custom toolbar.
    8. Finally into Customize Toolbars & Menus dialog you have to delete the custom menu bar and click on the Ok button.

Once you have completed with the above mentioned steps you will be able to insert the text box on the chart of yours.

There is another method to get the above mentioned thing for you.
    • You have to type Opt-F11 so that you will be able to launch the Visual Basic Editor.
    • Now you have to click on the View and go for Immediate Window.
    • In this particular window you have to paste the following line after the reyurn key.
    • Commandbars("Chart Menu Bar").Controls("Insert").Controls.Add id:=10865
    • Now again Type Opt-F11 so that you can exit the VBE and return to Excel and close it so that it can save your preferences.

When you are into the Customize the toolbars mode where you will be able to get the small toolbar which is under of the main menu bar which is mimics the main menu bar. From the main menu bar you will be able to drag the command . if the main menu bar is having the Insert dropdown menu than it will do the job for you.

In this particular situation you have to copy the worksheet menu to the custom tool bar than you have to go for the Chart menu. Because you will not be able to display the Worksheet menu and chart menu at the single time.

If I am not wrong you might need to reinstall the software on the computer of yours and also you should update the same and see whether it working or not.

I am suspecting that the matter which you have sated over here might be happening because of the bug issue and hence you should contact the developer of the software and ask them about the further help on this particular matter. the developer team will address the issue and release the patch which you should download and install the same on the computer of yours.