Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to configure gnome panel calendar/clock with thunderbird

Windows Software

Old 10-09-2011

How to configure gnome panel calendar/clock with thunderbird

I use Thunderbird and lightning-extension as a calendar (pleases notes that Firefox?s xpi file for thunderbird does not work well, use "apt-get install lightning-extension"). I find this much more steady. Are there any alternating date and time applets?

Old 10-09-2011

Re: How to configure gnome panel calendar/clock with thunderbird

I imagine we be supposed to try to carry all the people who want this jointly and perceive if we be able to generate a outline on Launch pad for this project. Perhaps we can have out Lightning.
Old 10-09-2011

A workaround to achieve this behavior in a round-about way may be possible: GCalDaemon could be used to synchronies Lightening and Evolution. If Evolution is locate not to display its have possession of alarms, it can just be a go through mechanism to interpret calendar data .
Old 10-09-2011

Please don't get sidetracked. I don't use Google Cal because I keep my calendars private and I am offline many times so I'm apologetic however this does not convene the stated use case. If you want to give confidence the development of this panel, your three cents are welcome. Which require network services are not as welcomed? We necessitate this to be clean and straightforward for Ubuntu user.
Old 10-09-2011

My proposal was based on the information that Thunderbird's Google supplier is a good foundation for development of what you could call, for feel like of a better name, an evolution-data-server supplier. That is, a plug-in for Thunderbird which read calendar data commencing Lightning and pipes in same manner as other service provider does.

That's only practical if you wish to make use of evolution-data-server, of route. One more option is to make bigger the clock panel applet's API so it is able to recognize input from any arbitrary data server.
Old 10-09-2011

There is a actually trouble-free workaround.API's are all there since both, thunderbird and evolution hold up the ICS calendar format. I utilize the identical file in both the products.

Code:
evolution -force-shutdown

mv /home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics /home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/original_calendar.ics

ln -s /home/user/.mozilla-thunderbird/aabbccnnn.default/ical_user.ics /home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics

evolution &
Old 10-09-2011

If you are running Xfce, try Orage.Orage is the Xfce default calendar application, and you be able to configure it by means of the GUI Exchange Data option to read any .ics file you wish!
Old 10-09-2011

I like to thank all above member who helped me lot to solve my problem. I m really happy my problem is actually solved and my all queries is cleared.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,