Thread: Rotate File Automatically in EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional

Rotate File Automatically in EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional

I mostly make use of Zoom Browser EX intended for my compact, plus loved the aspect that rotated the file automatically while it downloaded the images. I’ve lately purchased a 550D and am utilizing EOS Utility as well as Digital Photo Professional, and I can’t appear to come across the similar feature. DPP displays the photos properly orientated through reading revolution information on the other hand it don’t essentially revolve the file itself. Is there a method to rotate the definite files automatically? I have verified the "Rotate image" box inside the preferences of EOS function except it doesn’t rotate the file.

Re: Rotate File Automatically in EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional

I do not exactly what you want to turn there.

The information about whether the image is portrait or landscape orientation is, but already in the file, otherwise your software so it cannot display it correctly.

Why do you think that the resolution is changed I do not understand. A dpi value can be arbitrarily assigned to each image. 1 dpi or 3000 if it is does not matter. Only on some output media is to wear it. Say, the monitor does not matter, the normal photo lab it does not matter only to your own photo printer should be adjusted once the actual size. What is meant by, etc? I also do not understand.

The best would be if you point by point, describing what you do and where you are from, have a problem with what parameters.

In your JPG files, there is an EXIF tag is used to indicate the position of your camera when shooting. This tag is read by some software trafficker the photo in the right direction. Windows Explorer does not know it. So your pictures are displayed correctly with Windows Explorer, you must physically rotate images. The fastest way to do this is to use third party software (XnView, autorotate) which enables you to rotate all your photos at once and without quality loss.

I would like to save a tool that recognizes from the EXIF information, photos and on-edge right way, so the 'cross' photos of past writes. I just want to select only the folder and press a button and look after me that all files, regardless of which program they are watching you, turn.

I would appreciate it if DPP in addition to free rotation / alignment of the images is - can be activated on demand - automatic correction based on which one would see with the image data stored inclination. But much more important to me would be that finally manual, continuous rotation is implemented. DPP is probably one of the few image editing programs that do not dominate until now this basic function of an EBV.

That would save me many of the images in the RAW workflow an additional processing step outside of DPP. I would like to be able to completely edit RAWs in DPP (except when necessary for the use of planes is required). That would be much better because then I have to use only one software in the standard case and - more importantly! - All parameters are stored in the metadata of the non-destructive RAW

That is exactly my problem, it is in the file but was recorded on edge and it is only right and proper display in the above software. Now there are even as buttons, with which the image can be rotated. I now mark one-on-edge image, which is also shown the right way, and turn to hit, so it is upside down in the view, but is saved correctly when it is converted.

I always use the advantages of different programs. My central main program is currently FastStone with which I will take the images from the CF card in Smart Controller date folder. With FasStone I do the pre-selection of my pictures because I can compare this to four images in 1:1 display. From FastStone I can see if the pictures in DPP, Iview, PhotoMe, PhotoPerfect pass etc. FastStone itself also offers several processing options, such as turning. Also can be run as a portable version of FastStone without installation! So therefore it goes quickly from one program to another, so I miss the rotary function in DPP is not so much.

I am not always clear either pivoting with these pictures. It seems that there is no universally adopted standards on the matter. The software does just what they want and apparently they are not the same thing to mark if the photo has already been returned or not! But it is also true that all my software is not the latest.

FastStone viewer can use the exif tag to rotate the image so that it is in the right direction, and a priori by saving without loss.

EOS Utility also allows you to do when transferring you it seems to me (I hope it is also lossless)