Thread: Cannot upload images using Canon ZoomBrowser and CameraWindow

Cannot upload images using Canon ZoomBrowser and CameraWindow

I am using the Powershot SX230HS. I want to be capable to upload images toward the camera and make use of it to show these images on top of TV by the use of the HDMI cable.

First the images downloaded to a memory card by the use of ZoomBrowser are not recognized via the camera. So what is the problem with canon ZoomBrowser?

Furthermore I am able to upload images to the camera by the use of CameraWindow. Each picture is specified a fresh chronological number, presently since if it was a fresh shot. On the other hand, simply those images that have not been shortened in whichever method can be definite to work. Whichever image saved by an outer editor for example Paint Shop Pro is tagged being an unacceptable JPEG. Those shortened by ZoomBrowser will upload except a few of these afterward provide errors for example "Image too large" as well as "Incompatible JPEG". How could be?

Re: Cannot upload images using Canon ZoomBrowser and CameraWindow

I believe that the version of Camera Window depends on the model of compact and not by the version of ZoomBrowser which is software. I do not remember that you had with no compact could change the name is being downloaded. But maybe that was possible I have not found anything about it and for me it is a problem. Also because with the EOS SLR can. You must rename your photos after you with a program multirinomina. I do so.

I have it with me to get the zoombrowser never runs to. Use it now Google's Picasa, which is hard to beat for simplicity.

Apart from the meaning and purpose to load the images on the camera, you can try it via a card reader. SD card from the camera out and down into a reader. Otherwise I would try it directly on Windows. The "Camera Window" tell me nothing now. The camera plug it in, open any Canon software, but simply the Explorer. So it should definitely work. Whether you can watch the images on the camera, however, is another story.

In my guess, the files for a transfer back to the camera unusable by assigning a different name during the unloading of camera window. Even after renaming the files on your computer to the original name and MVI_xxx.AVI MVI_xxx.THM and then copy them are no longer used on the camera. I guess that the file header was changed during download. In the case described by you, I suggest to load the video (AVI) file via a card reader on your PC. This ensures that the file name received. The THM file is ONLY needed for viewing with the camera, it includes you receive the "Exif data" for the video.

Windows camera works with the other Canon cameras, for example Ixus. As I look over there, camera windows works for various EOS cameras do not, because you can now Eos utility needs. If one has downloaded and installed, the rest is easy. As software manufacturer is in the older EOS camera models always windows and it ran well with the earlier firmware versions that were dinned purchase.

Zoom Browser EX is partly a disaster. If the reading goes well, for example, a very good program. "For example, are EX has caused an error and must close" but I still had no program that continuously displays the message. We know, for example, partly from Internet Explorer.

Several times to uninstall and reinstall the older version 5 and then an update to 6.3 can always pay errors. Camera Windows time is not evident in the position of the camera, sometimes used instead of the last five new images, read only one picture quite a chore. It can only be connected to the compatibility with the Windows system and Windows Camera, because I've made the last attempt, just my system state, a few weeks earlier, with TrueImage times, and lo and behold, it works everything again. Any DLLs, files or entries here are shot in Regedit. But everything with caution, software is very fragile and you do not know is where to find the exact error. Has already cost me hours of work location. Now I will make a weekly system state backup, and can easily play back. Maybe even someone finds the actual error.

It has been confirmed that video, the unloading with CameraWindow get a new file name, possibly for a later upload to the camera definitely "dirty" are. With no subsequent renaming helped me on the original file name. Open the video on the PC was against harmful to my project.
    My conclusion:
    • Awarded when unloading a new file name
    • Upload of JPG with CameraWindow and not by copying to the SD card, because high-copied formats are recognized as incompatible
    • AVI and each associated with THM copy to SD card.

I have bought me from the beginning of a card reader at that time mainly because we had cameras from two manufacturers. Those things cost less than ten € and have only advantages. You must install any programs that transfer is not critical and stable, faster and it cannot happen, that dubbing the battery gives up the ghost of the camera, leading like to lose data. When the camera a friend gabs similar problems with you, it could get any more images. Gabs with the card reader is no problem. You put the USB cable, the computer recognizes a number of external drives and off you go.

A frequent cause is a wrong order in the previous Installation. When camera no longer in use, should the PC (for Mac equivalent) first time the old software will be uninstalled completely, and although most of the uninstall feature of the software (not Control Panel) - if in doubt go to the instructions in the software manual. With the Canon software it is extremely important to follow the correct order for installation: Before the camera is connected via cable, must first Software be installed because Windows usually automatically wrong driver assignment chooses which is correct too hard by hand.