Thread: MultiSim or similar alternative for Mac

MultiSim or similar alternative for Mac

Is there is a Mac edition of MultiSim? It is a good electronic circuit simulator program. Right now I am looking forward to get a Maple alternatives there'd be a number of electronics program alternatives. Since I am using the Mac, I need an OS X version of program which are similar to MultiSim. Does anybody know about it? I actually don't wish for to install VPC on top of my iBook.

Re: MultiSim or similar alternative for Mac

Solve Elec is a small application allowing you to draw and analyze schematics of electronic circuits (simple enough only) and steady (DC). It is possible to use resistors, PDO (operational amplifier), transistors, diodes, LEDs, potentiometers, ammeters and voltmeters, lights, or switches. It is then possible to generate literal formulas for currents and voltages arrow on the diagram to verify the equations or to draw curves. In short, a software rather useful for school and university students including physics, or just fans of electronics. In the print screen below, I tried to draw a LED, powered by the 12 volts via a potentiometer and a resistor forming a voltage divider, which makes it possible to vary the light intensity of the LED, and finally if I remember correctly from my old physics class...

Eagle professional routing software, available for Mac X11. Therefore, you must first install X11 from the site where to find your Mac OS X installation CD. Once installed, the interface is exactly the same as in the window, so no change of scenery. The "light" version still allows free to do what the pro with the following limitations: the PCB is limited to 100 * 80 mm, we can create a sheet Schematic, and limited to single and double layer.

LTspice is free software made available by Texas primarily for the simulation of power electronic components and regulation. Still used for the simulation of their circuits. The interface is simple and intuitive. They are guides and tutorials as well as models of electronic components.

In Orcad I use: it is drawing software for diagrams and printed circuit board design, it is unfortunately not free and costs, I think it is very expensive and also rather see very complex.

Otherwise there TinaPro or Tina, is a simulation software for small electronic schematics, but I sometimes used to draw diagrams that I would like to insert into a word document or other ... This software is under control relatively quickly. It pays, but should not be very expensive (less than 60Euro I think), otherwise there is a demo version.

I first installed MI-SUGAR a significant while back. Can't quite get it to work, I returned to MI-SUGAR several months back and in fact spent a hour or something like that deciphering it, and I've developed to positively like it. It can clearly be upgraded, but as of this moment it’s just form 0.57, and for being comparatively unfinished, it’s particularly awesome. Haven't attempted QUCS, I actually found out about it the different day.

I'm in fact starting to study Objective-C and wanting to pick up Cocoa once I get Objective-C down OK. The thing that helped me to do that is a wish to upgrade MI-SUGAR (plus having would have liked to study to system for an extended time).