Thread: How to find & delete duplicate files in Apple Mac OSX

How to find & delete duplicate files in Apple Mac OSX

I recently switched from the window and I think that there are so many duplicate files and even triplicate files. For that reason I was told (from a Mac Genius ) that leopard won't let you look at your picture files. And for that reason I want to rid the excess and save some hard drive space. is anyone having the suggestion for it?

re: How to find & delete duplicate files in Apple Mac OSX

I think that you are questions about the future OS about an issue that is of no interest to developers, in this case I will suggest you to make clear that what you are asking about. First tell me that do you want to delete duplicate files or just duplicate picture files? Then I will suggest you about this.

I think that this is hard to come up with, because I had made so many searches on the Google and found that there are numerous "duplicate file finder mac osx", "fslint osx". I had tried so many out of them and found that neither of them really seemed to do the trick for me, so there was no way I was forking out money on. After that I really like the dupeGuru's option to delete and replace with the hard link. While using the dupeGuru if you move files around, TimeMachine doesn't detect them as the same file so that doesn't create hardlinks on your TimeMachine drive, I am telling you this thing because this will be only wasting of the space.

Hey friend, thanks for the suggestion. I was also searching the software for the same reason and found the software can clean all duplicate files, language binaries, large unwanted files etc. for that reason I had downloaded "Dupreguru" but I am facing problem that is its not fulfilling any of my requirement also It seems confusing to me. Anyone having the idea about that if I will update here once I finish up till. If anyone having some solution then please suggest me here only.

Hi all, I am sure that I can never imagine that my Mac could have about 1 GB of unwanted language files. Without wasting the space I can Speedup Mac present all them in form of tree infront of me. After that I quickly tried other options that was Large files, Duplicate Files, Universal binaries, cache/temporary files and after that I found that my mac really speed Up. So in your case I will suggest you to do the same and hope that it will work for you.

Re: How to find & delete duplicate files in Apple Mac OSX

For finding and deleting the duplicate files in Mac OSX, I had downloaded the Dupreguru which is freeware application on the internet and this is working for me. Thank you for your suggestion. But still I am facing the same problem that this application is not filling me all the requirements. And also while using this application I am getting confused the what to do while searching the duplication files and deleting them. I am trying for the application which can help me to find and delete the duplicate files because after switching form the windows 7 to Apple Mac OSX I can see that my Mac could have about 1 GB of unwanted language files. Because duplicate files are gaining to much of the space on the hard drive so I need any good application that will help me to find and delete the duplicate files. And also thanks for your suggestion to download the Dupreguru for this purpose.

Daily computer activity inevitably leads to accumulating identical files on your computer, especially if you are an active PC user. You may download gigabytes of music and video files, documents and applications from the Internet or local network, share these files with your friends and not even realize how many same files may be collected on your hard disk from such activity.

Keeping unnecessary duplicates on your computer means wasting valuable hard disk space. Duplicate File Finder will find and delete duplicate files so you won't experience lack of free disk space!

Have you ever searched for 'duplicate finder' in Mac App Store?
    There's plenty of them able to help you eliminate duplicates on your Mac. The one I have heard of recently is Gemini - it is featured by Apple and was for a few days a Top paid app there. Maybe you should give it a try.

I use duplicate files deleter.

There are many website which can provide software for delete duplicate files.For mac you can use gemini and for windows you can find from duplicatefilesdeleter.

Quote Originally Posted by Acardi !! View Post
    I recently switched from the window and I think that there are so many duplicate files and even triplicate files. For that reason I was told (from a Mac Genius ) that leopard won't let you look at your picture files. And for that reason I want to rid the excess and save some hard drive space. is anyone having the suggestion for it?

I would like to suggest you to use Stellar Drive ToolBox, it has speed up utility which helps you to find and delete all duplicate files, caches, system junks, universal binaries etc..