Thread: For Apple Mac OSX best notepad++ alternative.

For Apple Mac OSX best notepad++ alternative.

Hey I am recently switched from the windows to the Apple MAC OSX. Because this is totally new for me so I need the help for getting the best alternative of notepad++ for Mac. If you have any idea about it then please reply me back. I would like to know that what is the best alternative of notepad++ for Mac.

Re: For Apple Mac OSX best notepad++ alternative.

In this case first let me tell you that when you find any Mac program compared to Notepad ++, is much more intuitive and easy you’ll save lots of time. In this case I will recommend you the new panic coda. I am suggesting you this because if you start off with a FTP program and various text editors / subversion apps, you'll get fed up fast. And also Coda will allow you to do most everything you'll need to. And also once you get used to a text editor it will hard for you to switch because you get used to the colors. Although, sure, you can change the colors- it's annoying to do. In this case Expresso is also another great choice and like as the Coda it is also all in one application.

After following your suggestion, Coda is the first app which I have downloaded I tried that few hours and after that I downloaded textmate to compare. And after the comparison I found that interface is important for me, thats why Coda looks cool to me for now. In this case I don’t know about the other details but maybe textmate is better for faster coding, I don’t know. I am asking you for the notepad++ alternative because of some quick editing works. rather than opening coda or textmate. So please suggest me for that only.

I am using the Journler and I think that this program will better for you. I am using this one because before that I have searched for the more notepad program but I don’t find anything at there. I thing that there are also other program but but they tend either to be too simplistic or too complicated. In your case I will suggest you for using the same as I am using.

I am also user of the Apple Mac OSX and for the notepad I am suing TextWrangler. i am using this one because I love the colours & the ability to see line numbers and I like this one because this is freeware on the net. Try for that and hope that will help you a lot.

I will suggest you to use the panic Coda. I am suggesting you this one because it have an absolutely great interface and it also allow for editing files and connecting to different servers within one application. Also I think that CODA's integration with ftp and text coding is excellent combination and has increased my efficiency. I am also looking for that and hope that they keep updating it and making it better. At least try for it for the few hours only and see that it is working a per your requirements or not and after that reply me back at the same forums.

I was having the same problem for searching the best notepad++ alternative in the Apple Mac OSX and after reading the posts over here I get the suggestion for it. for that I am trying to use the Panic Coda in the place of the notepad++ and also this is working goods foe me. Is anyone else is also searching for the best alternative for the Notepad++ they try to use the Panic Coda. I am suggesting you this because I was also searching for the best alternative for the Notepad++ and after reading the suggestion over here I decided to use the Panic Coda which is also similar as the Notepad++. Try for that and I hope that it will work fine for your case. And also thanks for the suggestion which are mentioned above because after trying with the above suggestion they works for me.