Thread: Need help to burn iPhoto Slideshow on DVD

Need help to burn iPhoto Slideshow on DVD

Hey all I am trying to burn the DVD from iPhoto's slideshow. For that reason I export the Slideshow to iMovie which I had made into .mov file. After that I added some stuff and edited the movie under iMovie. But after that I was not able to find the way to burn it to the non-computer playable format. So for that reason I export it from iMovie to iDVD. When it was ready to burn the DVD but at that stage I am having the problem as:
    1: the original photos that I want to burn that was of 500MB and after making it in the .mov file, it was of 800MB. When I edited that in to the iMovie it became a whopping 9.5GB. I think that which is too large for the blank DVD also. I want to know that have I done anything wrong with that?

Re: Need help to burn iPhoto Slideshow on DVD

In your case I think that If iMovie project is 9.5GB then that is not required a deal breaker. This converts all the things in the DVD format but still if you have edited the some short duration movies then surely it will convert that file to take the large space. I think that As long as the duration of your movie is less than an hour, iDVD should handle it fine. But in this case you can just pick "Add Movie" in iDVD and after that pick your iMovie project. But doing this you will not need to g through the other steps for the exploring the file. And also if you are preparing a regular NTSC DVD then I think that there is not anything you can do. I am telling you this thing because The resolution is limited to 720x480, which is about 0.3 MP, about the same quality as a webcam.

I think that what I have done i export the Slideshow to the desktop. After that I import it to iMovie, get ready for it to take a while. While watching the iMovie I notice that the quality is not so good but it is ok. But when I export it back to the iDVD, the quality improves again, and this thing I did for me. After that I setup everything to the iDVD, initial menu, chapters, blah blah blah, then I saved the iDVD project, and I also saved the project as an .img file to my drive. After that I am able to watch the .img to see how it looks and what space it is consuming. In your case I will suggest you to do the same and hope that it will work for you.

According to you, I made the slide show in the iphoto and tried to Share>Send to iDVD. At this time I am facing an error and that error occurred while exporting - The export movie file could not be created. I would like to know that if anybody also facing the same error while doing the same thing. I am getting that error while I am trying to export to imovie and then burn one on idvd, but the low res quality looks like crap. So here I want to see that if I able to see if I can share/export directly to idvd and create a .dv or other format. And also thanks for your suggestion.

Hey hi, I think that this seems to be the problem which is common to burning slide show to DVD. I am telling you this thing because I had spend the last few weeks while I was trying to burn a slide show containing 143 slides with background music, and I've hit many of the problems mentioned above. I was getting problem as the show was 30 minutes long when I was playing to the normal DVD player and also it gets to slide 99 and loops back to the start, even though I have loop-back disabled. It was appearing like each slide is designated as a chapter and therefore 99 is the max number of chapters, this thing is happening to me even if I did not enable the "mark chapters" at the beginning. After that I exported the slide show to IDVD which made a Quicktime. And I am facing the same problem as you when I was burning the project. So I am trying for any suggestion that will help me in my problem.

I had created the 3 minutes slide show with the music in iPhoto and after that I simply want to burn a DVD of it, as was, without all the iMovie bells and whistles. After trying so much time I found the the simple way that it can also be viewed on a Windows computer or by a photo-processing company. The steps are as:
    • First you will need to select the slideshow you want to burn to a disc in the iPhoto.
    • After that Export the slideshow to a folder on your computer.
    • And quit iPhoto, when the export is finished.
    • After quitting iPhoto, Click the Finder icon, and then insert a blank DVD-R disc into your drive.
    • And then drag the folder that contains your exported slideshow to the disc's icon.
    • choose File > Burn Disc, and then click Burn when the file is copied.

Hey friends, thanks you all for suggesting me about how to burn iPhoto Slideshow on DVD. I am trying with these all steps which are given above and these all steps are working for me. The steps which are given above really very helpful for me and again thanks for the steps for burning the iPhoto Slideshow on DVD using the iDVD.