Thread: Good password manager for Apple MAC OSX.

Good password manager for Apple MAC OSX.

I need opinion for good password manager for the Apple MAC OSX. Is anyone have the suggestion for it? I am looking for the simple password manager that will keep the path of various accounts and passwords for me. Up till now I was doing this thing with pen and paper for a while but now I think that there must be something that will help me to keep the track. I guess that there will be some security degree like a password for the password manager and also the way that how do I remember that password. If there is any small freeware software then please suggest me.

Re: Good password manager for Apple MAC OSX.

I think that for this you can use the keychain. Keychain is the access in the application/utility. You can also store your password on the hard drive. And with the help of that you can also synchronize your password via MAC with the other MACs also. I think that it is more sensitive but i save about every password there and it helps me to be safe.

I followed your suggestion but I am getting bit confused with your suggestion. I want to know that is there any good freeware software that will help me in the security case. If you are using any software manager then please suggest me the name of that manager.

Hey I think that to create a whole new keychain just for your passwords will be good for you. You can use the keychain only just for your password, or just a new note in that keychain for storing your password. And if you are doing the both thing then you will need to inter the password for unlock the password and after that other password for reading the note. I will suggest you to not think for any freeware application for password manager, because you can also take the help of the keychain for that purpose. Now its depend upon you that what decision you are taking. If you are thinking about the more security level then let me suggest you that you can also get the security level by using the keychain.

Thanks you friend, before your suggestion I was thinking that keychain are only made for the website related passwords. But I am thinking to look at this because I can find the way to make use of it as a generic password manager. I am searching for the password manager because I am having the series of the accounts and for that I want to store the password for that and also I have the so many web site passwords.

You are saying that you use the keychain for storing the many passwords but before your suggestion I had decided to use the password master and I think that this will be good for not only for storing the web passwords but also it will help in software registration serial numbers as well also. After that you suggest me that I can use the keychain for the same purpose which is in built in my system. Now I am thinking on that, but I am getting confused that which can I use for that reason. If you have any good suggestion about that then please suggest me again, I would like to know the more feature of the keychain for storing the passwords.

Nice, I saw your request; in that case I would like to know that for what reason you use the password master over keychain? And also let me tell you that I found many websites disable "autofill" so in this case keychain is not able to plug in accounts and passwords. And I think that this will not change with the password master. This is my thinking and now its up to you that what you think about to use.

I had recommended for that and I think that it is good for me. But in my case the problem is that I m using the trial version of the password manager. Between the both the software the problem is that I could not recall my password to it The password I signed up with doesnt work or anything else. I am not able to delete this password because while deleting it gives the error. Any ideas in this, if you are also using the same thing then please reply me back. I am telling this all things because I am facing this problem from the last few months and up till now I don’t get any ideas for it. Reply me if you are having the same problem and also how you had tried to solve that problem please.

Hey dude, I am also having the same problem and still searching for the result on the many forums but still I don’t found any solution to it. And still am searching for the solution in the hope that anyone will help me.

According to your suggestion I am currently trying to use the Keychain in the place of the good password manager. And while using this I can say that, I can use the keychain only just for my password, or just a new note in that keychain for storing my password. And if I am doing the both thing then i will need to inter the password for unlock the password and after that other password for reading the note. And if anyone also is searching for the good password manager for there Apple Mac OSX then I will suggest you to not think for any freeware application for password manager, because you can also take the help of the keychain for that purpose. And any ideas in this, if you are also using the same thing then please reply me your suggestion while using the keychain. I am telling this all things because I am also using this utility from the last few months and up till now I don’t get any ideas for it