Thread: Want to play YouTube video through iMovie in Mac OS X

Want to play YouTube video through iMovie in Mac OS X

I am using Mac laptop which works on Mac OS X. I really like to watch YouTube videos but every times, I need internet connection to watch YouTube videos. Therefore, I have planned to download this YouTube video in my system and then I can able watch this movie through iMovie that is preinstall in my Mac laptop. But I don’t know how it will possible so friend I am asking to you all that can you tell me answer about this problem or I have to always watch online videos.

Re: Want to play YouTube video through iMovie in Mac OS X

I know friend it is not easy to download the YouTube video in your laptop or computer. I do not understand why they do not give direct option to download there videos. Every time we third party for downloading videos. Here also you cannot play YouTube videos directly to iMovie. First, you have to download this YouTube video and then you can play this video through iMovie.

For downloading YouTube video, you can use vixy.net websites. What you want to do just copy your YouTube video link and paste this link in to this vixy.net and then select your format according to you and then it will give option for downloading, download that file, and drag that video into iMovie and iMovie will play that movie.

Start Safari and head off to YouTube.com. A Downloading fasten will indicate at the top alternate corner of the movie when it discovers the film on the webpage. Click the button and let the YouTube download wizard downloading videos for you. Click Library on the other side of the iTube Studio window to see the downloaded motion pictures on the right. Check the item(s) you could want to convert over, and hit the Convert button at the bottom of the window. Prefer iMovie from the output format record. Start iMovie, from the File menu, prefer Import > motion pictures, pilot to the organizer where yield motion pictures are safeguard. Select the indexes and click "Import".

For playing YouTube videos through iMovie first, you have to download that YouTube video in your hard drive then you have to convert that movie which cans compatible for playing video in iMovie. there some steps for converting the videos:

1. Drag & drop YouTube videos to the system. On the other hand, head off to "File" menu, pick "Add Video Files" to spot the YouTube motion pictures you need to join.
    2. Select "iMovie" from output design dropdown catalogue. In the event that you just ought to import a particular YouTube cut to iMovie, you are able to utilize the "Split" method to get the cuts you require.
    3. Hit the "Convert" button to begin YouTube film to iMovie change, this FLV to iMovie Video Converter for Mac will finish the rest.
    4. Start iMovie, from the File menu, decide on Import > motion pictures, pilot to the organizer where the yield YouTube films are spared. Select the indexes and click "Import".

Follow the steps so that you will be able to watch YouTube videos through iMovie in your Mac OS X.
    1. First copy the URL of the YouTube video clip to the clipboard.
    2. Go to keepvid.com
    3. Paste the URL which you have copied into the textbox and click the submit option.
    4. Then after a few moments they will give, you option for downloading click on download option.
    5. After the downloading, add the .FLV extension to the file.

After downloading, you will be able to play this video through your Mac, inbuilt apps like QuickTime such as iMovie, iDVD, toast etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck28 View Post
    I am using Mac laptop which works on Mac OS X. I really like to watch YouTube videos but every times, I need internet connection to watch YouTube videos. Therefore, I have planned to download this YouTube video in my system and then I can able watch this movie through iMovie that is preinstall in my Mac laptop. But I don’t know how it will possible so friend I am asking to you all that can you tell me answer about this problem or I have to always watch online videos.
    If you are using Apple's Safari browser, you can also achieve downloading YouTube FLV to your computer with the following way. And then refer to the above step by step guide on how to import YouTube to iMovie.

* Step 1 Open Safari browser and point it to the YouTube website. Next, search for the video that you wish to download and when it comes up in the search results click it. The video will begin playing.
    * Step 2 Pause the video, and go to the Window menu, then click on "Activity". Tips: You can also achieve opening "Activity" window by pressing the following key combination on your Mac's keyboard: Command-Option-A. The "Command" key may say the word "Command" or it may simply have an Apple symbol depending on the model of your keyboard.
    * Step 3 In "Activity" window, you will see what currently is running in Safari. In that, you would also see the YouTube video link with a list of files under it. Select the highest size file in it.
    * Step 4 Double click on the selected file and the browser will begin downloading. When the downloading is finished, go to "Finder" -> "Macintosh HD" -> "Users" -> "Home folder" -> "Downloads" to locate the files you just download. It will be named like "videoplayback-000". If you want to reset "Download" folder, go to "Safari Preference". Click on the "General" tab at the top. You will see a 'Save downloaded files to:' drop down menu where you can select where to place downloaded files when using Safari.

To find detailed guide on how to download as well as import youtube to imovie Just google search Practical Solution to Download and Import YouTube to iMovie