Thread: Which one is better between iWeb and RapidWeaver using mac

Which one is better between iWeb and RapidWeaver using mac

Actually I am starting a small business and so I have to create my own website. I Am a web designer and work on mac operating system. Actually I was thinking of purchasing a RapidWeaver but apple has just got iWeb. I am planning to move into complex design. I am confused between iWeb and RapidWeaver. I want to know which one is well grounding. I also want to know which one is worth buying. I am totally confused. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please anyone provide with some valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Re: Which one is better between iWeb and RapidWeaver using mac

If you are trying to learn designing webpages then I think iweb is not for you. If you're really interested in Web Designing then I would say that better get Macromedia Dreamweaver and a HTML book. You can also go for TextEdit. RapidWeaver's pages load faster than the iweb. RW has many more features like exporting to a FTP server to making custom HTML pages. Themes are more flexible in RapidWeaver and all the page styles can be added. If you are going for a simple site then go for iweb or else go for RapidWeaver. codewise and feature wise RapidWeaver is just any time better than the iweb. RapidWeaver gets better with every update. The end product of iweb is is basically just oversized eye candy. Websites are supposed to be functional and I think that iWeb pages are far away from that as they are too huge.

As far as my experience is concerned, I found rapidweaver much messy as compared to the iweb. there are lots of options like you can drag and drop graphics etc.

I have mac at home and I use Sandvox tool for creating website. It comes around $77. I don’t see any difference between iweb and Sandvox. The only difference that I assume is that Sandvox is a lot more advanced with a broader feature set and it even looks a lot like iWeb. if you have worked on iweb before then you will very comfortable while using Sandvox tool. You can download the free version from the internet and try t yourself.