Thread: Method to change the java path in Windows 7

Method to change the java path in Windows 7

Just before three days I am trying to install one of the java applications in my system. But my system is not able to find that java.exe file and also its shows the error code 1723, my system is using Windows 7, I have tried lots of steps in order to overcome this situation and also visited sites to get the solution but still my System is not able to find that path for the java.exe file, So guys shine a little light on this for me?

Re: Method to change the java path in Windows 7

As your system show the error code 1723 that mean there might be some problems in windows installer package it’s a kind of Install Shield error code. So in order to overcome you should uninstall the java file, and try to download and install the offline installation package.

First of all the main thing is that the user should have the administrator right to download and install the java files to their system. In order to run any java files or application it required the complete installation of that file, your connection to the internet is not necessary at the time of installation. The java file can also easily copy into the system which is not connected to the internet. For this first go to manual download page, after that click on the Window offline. A confirmation box appeared in order to get the response whether to run or save the download file, so just select the save option in order to download that file in your system. Always try to save that file in known address so that you can search it for the future references. Then exit all the running application. Go to that specific location where you have already saved your java file double click on that to start the installation, now click on the install button provide into the message box, to start the installation process, continue the clicking the next button for accepting the rules and licensed of that product. Finally click the close button in the information box where you get the information regarding the installation process is completed. This tends to complete your installation process, after that you should have to restart your system. And enjoy using your application.

Best Answer for your problems is here; this solution cans also success in Windows XP also. Go to My Computer and right click on it after that go to properties, on the System Window select Advanced System setting now select advanced tab, you will find a button at the bottom say Environment Variables. After clicking that you finally reached at the System variable where you have to scroll down to find the “Path” now click the edit option now combine your java path with the path variable, keep as it is terminate your statement by placing ‘;’ sign at the end and after that you have to add your java path. Keep one thing in mind that you have to add both java home\bin path and java home path

By running your executable jar file do you get any error? So you should try to run your jar file using the command prompt by making the connection of your jar in Control Panel.

You should try these simple steps:
    First open the command prompt and set the System Environment Variables Path for java, yourself you have to do this. Suppose your JRE is installed in E: / Drive then Open the command type E :\> abc.jar=jarfile_name
    E :\> ftype jarfile_name=” E:\Program Files\Java\jre\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
    E :\> ftype jarfile=” E:\path_name\to_name\your_name\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*