Thread: Is WordPerfect X3 compatible with Windows 7

Is WordPerfect X3 compatible with Windows 7

I have purchased the licensed version of WordPerfect X3 on my laptop. But I upgraded Windows 7 now, so I wanted to know if it is compatible with my Windows 7? If not, then I will not purchase the license and look for something else.

Re: Is WordPerfect X3 compatible with Windows 7

It might be compatible or if it is not then they might release a new version for it for Windows 7 maybe WordPerfect X4, but you will have to purchase the license again. But I found a workarpund for running it. I have used the program in compatibility mode. Just find the main WordPerfect 10 program and change compatibility settings to make it run on lower versions of Windows.
    To do this click on Start, then "All Programs", then "WordPerfect Office 2002". Find "WordPerfect 10" and right-click it to the program icon, clicked "Properties", and then click the "Compatibility" tab. Set tjos to, "Run this program in compatibility mode " and choose any of the lower version, like Microsoft XP (Service Pack 3). Thus, you can play the software even on your Wndows 7 setup if it is not supported.

It’s given on the official site of Corel that WordPerfect Office X4 works on the Window 7.The other software which are compatible with Windows 7 are:

• CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4
    • Digital Studio 2010
    • MovieWriter Pro 2010
    • Painter 11
    • Painter Essentials 4
    • Paint it! touch
    • PaintShop Photo Express 2010
    • VideoStudio Express 2010
    • VideoStudio Pro X2
    • WinZip 14
    • WordPerfect Office X4

This misgt help others who want to have compatibility issue.

Well, than kyou for your concern. I don’t what use is PerfectFit does in WordPerfect, but I would suggest to remove it from your setup. So I found the PerfectFit Office from Programs Files>Corel/WordPerfect Office 2002> Programs and found the PerfectFit Document Management folder. I tried uninstalling it, but that would require me uninstalling the whole program. So, I just renamed the folder so that the software doesn’t recognize when I open it. That way I got to start the WP on Windows 7. But whenever I start in Windows 7 I get a small warning regarding the file. I ignore it and have the software and the rest of the features intact. For me it’s a small price to pay rather than waiting for the fix, or upgradation or even deleting it.

I don’t understand why have you went and purchased WordPerfect when there was a perfectly good software available for free, Open Office. It is a free, open-source and it is compatible with all kinds of documents. Check out the site of Open Office and find out for yourselves.

I do legal word processing and in fact work with files that are WordPerfect ready only. So I can’t use a shareware application. I just hope that the compatibility mode is working at my home. And I am comfortable with WordPerfect as I have been using it for many years. I just hope I don’t have to purchase the license for X4, as I already have the license for X3 and don’t want to lose money. Actually it was really popular earlier before being eclipsed by the Microsoft Word. I like it and will really like to run this application.

Open Office is not a shareware. It is a full suite of softwares like MS office but it is open source and it is free. It can make very professional looking documents, spreadsheets and slide presentations. And it also supports multiple documents including the WordPerfect files. So, if you don’t have any other choice do check it out and try it. It won’t hurt you try out a new and better software than the crappy WordPerfect.

If you cannot run it on Windows 7 you can try to install it on Windows XP. Just run the Windows XP mode on your Windows 7 under the software of virtualization. There you can boot and run Windows XP on Windows 7 and inturn run your program on Windows 7.