Thread: Can I copy Ethernet controller driver form other Pc to my Dell optiplex 380

Can I copy Ethernet controller driver form other Pc to my Dell optiplex 380

So I upgraded my Dell OptiPlex 380 to windows 7 pro 64Bit recently but I have one problem I have lost the driver CD for Dell OptiPlex 380 which I got with the laptop at the time of I first bought it and I also don’t have any other means of getting the drives on the laptop now I have installed the few drivers on my laptop with the help of my friend driver CD but I was unable to get the Ethernet controller driver so I was thinking may be is it possible that to copy a device driver from one system to another compatible system so i can’t use it on a network is it possible

re: Can I copy Ethernet controller driver form other Pc to my Dell optiplex 380

Why are you bother so much about it all you can do is go to the computer that have internet and download the drives for the laptop in dell support site copy it on some external drive or CD and install it on your computer That easy I have no idea about copy pasting of drivers will work or not I don’t think it’s working

Yes I guess it’s not going to work you have to install the drivers on the laptop for using it coping drive is not an option thought I am not sure

Quote Originally Posted by $tatic View Post
    Why are you bother so much about it all you can do is go to the computer that have internet and download the drives for the laptop in dell support site copy it on some external drive or CD and install it on your computer That easy I have no idea about copy pasting of drivers will work or not I don’t think it’s working
    That is the problem I have no mean of connecting the internet as my Dell network is not working so I can’t access the internet and I don’t have another computer for getting the drivers from the web site please help

Man that is a big problem now you don’t have network so you can’t use internet so you can’t download the drivers well you must need to get the exe of the driver to install on your laptop. The machine that you are copping the drivers files from must have network access why don’t you download the dell support drivers from that you will get the latest driver and also updated I think this is the only option that you have at the movement or you can try to locate the Dell driver installation CD that comes with laptop there is no other way that I can see at the movement to make your laptop access the network