Thread: Need windows 7 supported audio drivers for Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop

Need windows 7 supported audio drivers for Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop

Hi guys I am using Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop computer and In my system I was having windows Xp operating system and after that I have formatted my system due to virus attack and after formatting the computer I have installed windows 7 operating system and after installing the windows 7 operating system I am not getting sound ij my system. Please tell me what I should do to solve this.

Re: Need windows 7 supported audio drivers for Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop

as far as I know dell support site only provide drivers for windows XP and there is no drivers listed on the dell official site for windows 7. Have you tried to the drivers which you have in your drivers CD? I know that drivers are now made for windows 7 but I will suggest you to try that drivers and see what happens.

In my system I was also having the similar problem and I have tried to search the drivers on the internet and after spending so much time on the internet also I was not able to get the drivers for windows 7 supported drivers and after that I have tried to windows XP drivers but after installing that drivers also I was not getting the sound. Now after that I have emailed my problem to Dell support and they have told me to buy new third party sound card which is compatible with windows 7 for my computer and after that I have bought new sound card and connected it with my computer. Now after connecting it with my computer I have installed the drivers from the drivers CD which comes with the sound card and after installing the drivers all the things started working fine. I think you should also try this solution. before you buy new sound card first insert your motherboard driver CD and install the sound drivers and check whether it makes any difference or not. if you need any more help then let me know.

According to me instead of buying new sound card you have to first go to the internet and after that you have to search Realtek AC'97 Audio Codecs/Drivers 6305 Vista Win7 PG537 and after that download it in your system and after downloading it you have to install it in your computer and after that check whether you are getting the sound or not. If you stil get the same problem after that then only buy the new sound card

Thank you for giving me solution. after referring your post I have searched Realtek AC'97 Audio Codecs/Drivers 6305 Vista Win7 PG537 on the internet and after that I have installed it in my system and then I get the sound. Now I am not facing any issues with my system. I really appreciate your help.