Thread: How to Autostart Citrix XenDesktop-Session

How to Autostart Citrix XenDesktop-Session

Right now I own a HP t5570e Thin client which is embedded on Windows 7. I want to autostart a XenDesktop-Session. Is there any possible way to Autostart Citrix XenDesktop?

Re: How to Autostart Citrix XenDesktop-Session

I have configured wnos.ini so as it can auto launch a XenDesktop session when any user login. The fact is, it works fine sometimes but sometimes not. Sometimes it shows error message saying that 'connection reset by peer'. If there is any error, then user have to manually launch the XenDesktop session through the Citrix client which is embedded within the Windows 7. I would like to see auto login but I didn’t find any solution yet.

I was really confused about how to configure the License Server VPX appliance as Autostart. I think that it is the feature of vApp features and settings. But in GUI, you will not get any option to enable the auto start feature. I thought that just creating and configuring the vApp will allow me to enable the auto start but I think it won’t now.

For it is very much necessary to Autostart the Citrix License Server when booted. But for that you need to use the right commands to enable that feature using the CLI. And then you have to make sure making the perfect setup on Homelab. The first thing you have to is to enable the auto power on at pool level, before configuring the VM individually.