Thread: Unable to boot acer 4820TG laptop

Unable to boot acer 4820TG laptop

Recently I have purchased acer 4820TG laptop for my personal use. It was working absolutely fine till before 2 days. But my laptop isn’t booting now. I have tried booting my laptop with many different operating system but all in vain. Yesterday I was trying to install windows 7 on it, it refused to install on the hard disk. I don’t know why this happened. I used to get an error message like “Windows cannot be installed on this partition” then after this I tried to install ubuntu live cd but nothing happened. A black screen appeared and there was a blinking thing on the left of the screen. I have seen that if I don't insert any disc the just boots up and freeze after the bios screen (there are 3 small squared artifacts in the top left, top middle, and top right of the screen). Can anybody tell me what the problem is?

Re: Unable to boot acer 4820TG laptop

You need to mention more details about your problem and system configurations. What were you doing before you were getting this problem. I mean did you install anything in your laptop? Did you try to mess around with the partitions or something like that? I suspect did you try to install any drivers or something? Please be clearer so that I can help you effectively. I assume because of switchable graphics, Linux (bootable live CD) will not boot up on your 4820TG laptop.

I would suggest you to change the discrete graphics in the bios. I hope you know how to enter into bios. I had a similar kind of issue long time back. Doing this helped me and my problem got solved. Try this and do let me know about this. I hope it works. If not then I will provide you with some other solutions

As you have mentioned in the query, I suspect that the issue is related to the RAM. Kindly provide details of the RAM and your system so that I can assist you better. Why haven’t you mentioned the proper details? i think the RAM that you are having has got corrupted. I would suggest you to check it. You can also remove the ram and install it back again. May be your ram is not properly fitted. Try to unscrew the cpu and get access to ram. After doing this try to install any operating system again. If the issue persists then I think you should replace the ram. The ram could be possibly faulty then. I would suggest you to take the ram or the whole cpu to the hardware shop and get it checked. They are experts and they will guide you properly. If you have your system or ram in warranty period then you are a bit lucky. Do tell me after trying this.

If your laptop doesn’t turn on or you get stopped at a screen with a black background then it is a hardware problem. If you have over clocked then I would suggest you to set your FSB down. If your bios has button you can restore the previous setting directly rather than looking in to each and every menu. Make sure that you have save the setting. After that you can exit by pressing escape button. I hope this would work.

I had faced similar issue. I think you should take the little battery out of the motherboard which most probably is near the south bridge. But before doing that makes sure that you have unplugged the power cord. Once you have removed then wait for some 5 minutes for complete discharge, then put it again. Try installing os and see whether the issue is solved or not.

Well I think you are dealing with some hardware problems as you have mentioned in the query. I would recommend you to not take any risk and rather you should take your laptop to the service center and describe your problem to the people available there. They are experts and will provide you with better and good solution.

Quite likely I think your hard disk has got corrupted. Try to check the hard disk. How old is hard disk? I think you should try to remove the hard disk and connect the hard disk with somebody else’s system and check. This way you will come to know whether it is the hard disk or no. if it’s the hard disk then purchasing a new one would only be an option for you.

I think you should try to boot your laptop in safe mode. For this kindly follow the following steps.
    • Firstly, switch off your laptop completely.
    • Then, press and hold your power button till it does that
    and then power up.
    • After that press F8 during the 'black screen' that is right after
    your first BIOS screen. There will be a menu where you will have Safe Mode as a choice.
    • Then click on the safe mode option available and then restart again normally.
    I hope this helps. You can then restore the system by into start>>programs>>accessories>>system tools>> system restore. Follow the instructions provided to you. You can restore the system to the last best system settings.

I would suggest you to remove all the usb devices or anything connected form the usb slots externally. Now try to restart. Hope this helps.