Thread: Microsoft SharePoint Workspace is unable to open some of my Ms office and internet files.

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace is unable to open some of my Ms office and internet files.

Hi friends I just have installed Office 2010 and have switched my Groove 2007 over to SharePoint 2010. After having installed the groove files, on my system I was not able to open a lot Microsoft Office and internet files in my workspace. The error message that I am getting is "the File Cannot Be Opened". I am looking for some of the help here any help will be heartily appreciated. This already has happened to me once when I was having installed groove on a new PC with Office 2007. I was getting the same error for continuously, and then it immediately started functioning unexpected. Thanks!

Re: Microsoft SharePoint Workspace is unable to open some of my Ms office and internet files.

I am having the similar problem I am not being able to add my SharePoint Site as a trusted site in office on the client, could this be caused because the client and SPserver are not in the same domain or something?

Re: Microsoft SharePoint Workspace is unable to open some of my Ms office and internet files.

Well you will have to make a number of changes to finally get this to action with Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 (In my opinion it is more like the Office than the SharePoint). Turn of "Automatically detect settings" in IE by going through the option then Connection and then LAN Settings so that it will be actually taking notice of the fact that you have made your SharePoint site a Trustworthy Site in Internet Explorer. You will also have to add your SharePoint site as a Trusted Location in Office and go for turning off all the Protected View settings in Office, Trust Center.

I was having the same problem although it was with Microsoft Office 2010 beta and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. In Internet Explorer what I did was, I had Disabled “detect Automatically” Settings that has fixed the problem for me. I will suggest you that if on SharePoint you have been using on Windows Server 2008 R2 one thing you can do is try turning on the Desktop Experience Feature. The same can be done by selecting Add Feature in the Server Manager. Desktop Experience can be selected from there.

Thnks Guys as told by Mahaguru and amazing that my problem is solved now Thanks Guys a ton for responding and providing me with the proper solution.