Thread: Launch Microsoft Works with Microsoft 2010 starter edition

Launch Microsoft Works with Microsoft 2010 starter edition

I brought a new laptop and have Windows 7 installed on it. It already came preinstalled with Microsoft 2010 Starter Edition. Now, my earlier PC had Microsoft Works with the Starter Edition, but in my new PC I cannot find the Microsoft Works anywhere. Where can I get back Works??

Re: Launch Microsoft Works with Microsoft 2010 starter edition

Hello, you should expound upon your situation please. Did you install Works on your new laptop? Because since you have brought a new laptop, things from your old laptop cannot magically come flying into your new lappy. So, search for the old setup which may have come along in a CD and reinstall it on this system, because Works does not come along with Starter Edition. IT is unlikely you will get it on the laptop so you must purchase a new copy of Works if you really want it.

Check if Works is still installed on the machine. This is possible if you are in fact using the old hard disk which you can if you tell your vendor. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs (Programs and Features) > and check if ‘Microsoft Works’ is present on the programs list. If it is still der, just right click on it and repair it. Then just create a short cut for it by the foll step:
    Start>All Program>Microsoft Works>Works.exe and right click on it and select Create Shortcut. Which will send the icon to desktop as shortcut; so you can start Works only through shortcut. It does not come inside the Starter Edition. If you don’t find it in the Program list then it is not installed on the computer. So just buy a new CD or search the old disk at your house.

Thank you for your reply. I now understood what you all mean. I thougut it comes always with the Starter Edition itself. So I did not bother the shopkeeper to add it separately to my laptop. Now, I will ask him to add that software too, as it is the most I work with so I need it. THankyou again for your help, it is much appreciated.