Thread: MS word 2010: not able to shape text in arch or circle

MS word 2010: not able to shape text in arch or circle

I was using MS office 2007 form the last few years and recently I upgraded it with the MS office 2010. Before few days it was working good and also performance is very nice but now I am getting some problem while using the MS word 2010. While I am trying to use it as Word 2007, I mean to say that in word 2003 we are able to arch words or type words in a circle, I am not able to do this thing in my MS word 2010. Any help regarding with this problem? also if you are suffering from the same problem then report me back over here.

Re: MS word 2010: not able to shape text in arch or circle

While using the MS word 2007, you did the use of arch or circle via the use of WordArt, so I will suggest you to do the same over here. For doing this you will need this: Insert Tab>WordArt.

Hey, hi friend, I am also suffering from the same problem. I was able to do the change using the following: first I selected the text I want to convert- Insert Tab - WordArt and as the text is converted to word Art, and then I go to the Format tab - WordArt Styles - Text Effects dropdown - Transform. I will also recommend you to do the same setting. I am sure that this thing will help you a lot to get out of your problem. first try with this setting, if it wont worked then report me back for the further help.

I think that this is the big changes are so frustrating to the normal user. I think that the above answer will not work in your case. In this case you will need the moderator which will tell you to how to go for the format tab. Hey I am telling you this thing because I was also suffering from the problem of converting text in to the arch or circle. For this, I visited on the Microsoft Answers site to find it, and there I found that there is no format tab in MS word 2010. Then they told me that for this I will need to go to the text effects button and choose transform. But there are also one problem, Transform isn't one of the choices.

Hey, you are telling to visit on the Microsoft Answers site, but let me tell you that they are there for the Microsoft employees. To help the other users, users spend some of their free time on those forums. And please keep in mind that they are not responsible for the Word's behavior. I think that if you select a WordArt object, a picture or a shape, a Format tab will appear in the ribbon, and also this will disappear when you will click in the text of the document.

for that reason I think that "new & improved" ribbon does a very good job of exposing this feature to inexperienced users <heavy sarcasm>. It is hidden from those of us with experience in the menu. I will suggest you to first incert the word art and then: Insert tab / Text group / Wordart command / pick any effect, also you can change any effect later. According to me In that tab / WordArt Styles group / Text Effects drop down / Transform option (at the bottom of the drop down list) / there are Lots of arched styles and 6 type of circular styles.