Thread: PC keeps asking for product key for Microsoft Office 2010 after every restart

PC keeps asking for product key for Microsoft Office 2010 after every restart

I installed Office 2010 professional plus on Win7 home premium. I purchased it via MS Home Use Program. I downloaded and installed Office 2010 without any problem and I entered the product key once. But recently it has started asking me for the product key every time I restart my PC. Most recently when I entered the key, it gave me error and said rolling back changes. And the nit kicked me out of the program. Why is this problem happening?

Re: PC keeps asking for product key for Microsoft Office 2010 after every restart

First check whether you have another version of Microsoft Office installed, if yeas then remove tit form your computer. Make sure you have only the Office 2010 installed on the system. Only then proceed with the foll. Steps:
    1. Open Control Panel > Programs and Features
    2. Right-click on Microsoft Office 2010 and select Change
    3. Select the option to ‘Enter a product key’ > Continue
    4. Enter the product key and then save the game.
    5. Now restart any Office program, it will ask you to Activate the account.
    Once this is donw, it will not ask for the key again.

Re: PC keeps asking for product key for Microsoft Office 2010 after every restart

It is not working, I am also having the same problem wearing the clothes. I had done a sweep by Microsoft Security Essentials, and after that only it has kept on asking for key.

Have you got Outlook 2010 installed along with it. There is only Office Home but Office Home and Student. So, the Outlook on this version is 2a trial version. That’s why it asks for product key as it needs a full version of the Outlook. You are right this is because when I enter the key it tells me, “Close any apps that might be using Office and when I say OK it deletes the app itself. Because of that 3 aps are nonfunctional and I cannot use them to solve any problem

Thank you for your answer. Since I don’t need the Outlook anyways, I deleted the outlook and followed the above step. Then I simply activated by using the key once. And now, it dosen’t ask for the product key again when I restart. So, deleting the trial version of Outlook does solve the problem I am facing.