Thread: Doubt about Updating NVIDIA??

question Doubt about Updating NVIDIA??

I have just returned from China after working there for a year. When I fired this puppy up after its long slumber in a storage unit, I downloaded most all called-for updates including security(it took nearly 8 hours). But the one thing I have not updated is NVIDIA. It calls/lists it as optional? I have let it slide but now it says update is 66MB.

I'm wondering how imnportant is this? And I'm a little intimidated by a 66MB file for updating. What is this software for?

Satyrs Guest

Re: Doubt about Updating NVIDIA??

For this I might need your proper system configuration. What system you have, and the operating system with the hardware support. Usually Nvidia update is for the graphic card. Your system might be having an gpu support by Nvidia. And the update is essential to give proper display on your screen. If there is nvidia hardware support on your system, then you can leave this. You can use tool like CPUID to get all information your system hardware.

Re: Doubt about Updating NVIDIA??

Okay, now I see the difference--in my monitor. The top portion of the window (where close and min/max are) is now more accessable and not shoved off the top. I was outside helping friend pour concrete as the 66mb file downloaded. When I came back, it was done successfully and I notice the difference in the appearence. So now I learned the hard way what NVIDIA is when I initially had no clue what it was for. A really big difference for the better. Now I'm really happy