Thread: Nvidia Display Driver Problem

Nvidia Display Driver Problem

I recently bought a new pc last month with 2gbs ddr2 ram and Dual core 3.4 GHz processor and graphics card is NVidia 8500gt of 510mb. But now I am getting problems with it. When I play any game it loads too slow and then sometime computer freezes. I am not able to play any video also as when I try to do so a message shows saying my display driver not working. Now I don’t know what should I do? please give me any solution for this.

Re: Nvidia Display Driver Problem

I think I know what the problem behind this is. You have to reinstall the drivers again because it seems some of files are missing currently. You can reinstall drivers from the CD that came with your graphics card. And if you don’t have that CD then you may get into trouble. You didn’t mentioned the name of your computer’s brand. You should go to their website and do search for your video drivers and download any of the latest video drivers for your graphic card. Else, I would like to suggest you to download current windows 32 bit drivers from Nvidia’s website. It may solve your issue. Let me know if that doesn’t works.

If your drivers are in place then there might be a compatibility issue with your motherboard. If it is so then you will need to update motherboard drivers. You can get it from your motherboard’s manufacturer’s website. After that you should download graphic card drivers also from Nvidia’s site. If it solves your problem then let me know.

I was having bit similar problem, I upgraded my BIOS and it worked for me. So I will suggest you also to try to upgrade your BIOS with the latest version available on the website. But, it is not recommended to do so if you don’t know about the process of upgrading BIOS. Hope it works.

I also have problem with my Geforce 9600GTNvidia Display Driver. I am using Windows Vista. I am not able to install my card. When I try to run the setup for it it doesn’t completes. It says my Vista is not a 32-bit system. If anyone have any idea about how to fix it then please reply

The reason behind this may be because of the driver setup as it maybe corrupt. Try downloading any latest driver from manufacturer’s website or download any driver from Nvidia’s website. By the way, what is the make of your card?

I also have problem with my Nvidia Display Driver. I am using windows xp sp3. I recently installed windows xp sp3 pro-corporate edition and after that I installed everything from the CD which was provided to me. But, when I was trying to install the driver for my GeForce FX 5200 then a problem occurred for color problem. It went to 16 bit and now it is not able to change. I can’t understand what I can do? Please, reply as soon as possible.

I am sure the reason behind this issue is, old driver. You must download the latest driver from their website and try to install it. By the way, what make is your FX 5200?