Thread: How to Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues

How to Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues

Hi there, I have windows based system at my home. I use windows media player to play videos and audio files. Till yesterday my system and media player was working absolutely fine. But I don’t what happened in the night. From morning I am having sound issues while playing a video using media player. I tried to hear the sound but there was nothing that I could hear. I checked the cables and reseated the sound card too but eventually nothing happened. I am looking for some solution that will bring back my sound. Any suggestions regarding this will be appreciated. Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues

Make sure that you have installed sound device properly on your computer. If you haven’t installed then kindly install the sound device. As you install, windows will detect it by itself and install the hardware.

I would suggest you to go to the sound device manufacturer's Web site. Kindly tell me what media player version are you using also it seem that the Microsoft directx is not compatible with the media player. I would suggest you to install the latest and compatible directx. I would recommend you to do that by going to the official website of the direct and get it downloaded from there.

Make sure that you have installed the sound drivers properly. If not then kindly install the sound drivers. For that you can download the utility drivers from the internet or use the cd to install the sound drivers. If windows does not install the sound drivers, then you must go to the add hardware wizard. For that go to start>>settings>>control panel>>add new hardware. Make sure that there is no other program that is using the sound device. It could be that the program must be preventing media player from using it. Close all the programs and only keep the media player to run. Try to run the file. I hope your issue gets resolved by following these steps.

Check the drivers for your sound device .I hope that they are not corrupted. If they are not proper then download them from the internet. You can download the latest driver and get it installed on your computer.