Thread: During Save As process Excel 2010 freezing

During Save As process Excel 2010 freezing

Hello friends, I have installed the latest Microsoft Office 2010. I have installed the trail version of the Office 2010 and I have start using the Excel 2010. As I uses the Excel 2010 and when I work on the process to save the file then it get freeze during the process of the Save As. I do not know what should I do and why is the problem occurring during the saving of the file. I am using the Windows 7 32-bit and I am not getting such issues when I use the Office 2007 and I was not getting any type of the problem when I was using it or any other application. So please tell me what should I do and what is the reason for this problem occurring. So suggest me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Re: During Save As process Excel 2010 freezing

Did you install the Office suit correctly or not? I think there might some missing file during the time of the installing the Office suit. As any of your friend, who have installed the same and also they are getting the problem or not.

I want to ask that it also freeze when you open any existing file or any new file. I think you might facing the problem with the Excel application not with the other Office application which are been installed with the pack of the Office Suit. You can try to see the problem during the time when you are in the safe mode. To run the application just follow the below steps:
    1. Click on Start
    2. Click on All Programs
    3. Go to the Accessories
    4. Go to Run
    5. Type Excel / safe, and press enter

You just run and see that are you also getting the same problem here also.

I think the Excel 2007 was able to run in the safe mode but the Excel 2010 will be not be run in the safe mode, and also it is trial version which is may the issue of giving such type of the errors. Did you try on Google and find the answer for it.

I think that you have Office 2007 also been installed in the same computer. If the Office 2007 is been installed with the product key, then it will not allow any other version to work proper on the same system. If you have the product key of the Office 2010 then I would suggest you to first uninstall the Office 2007. As you have uninstalled the Office 2007 then do a restart of the computer and then start using the Office 2010 applications. Try this method, as it will help you to solve the problem and also you might get not freezing screen anymore. As I have not use the Office 2010, but I am telling I have seen the problem with one of my friend also.

It may be the reason of using the two office in the same system, as it was happen with me when I was using the Office 2003 and also I have install the Office 2007. But I found that there were some good features in the Office 2007, so I decided to uninstall Office 2003, after it was working great. So you also try it.

Yes it was due to the installed two Office Suites in the same system. I have uninstalled the Office 2007 and I have restarted the computer and when I have worked again on the same Excel file, when I try to save then it was working great and better as it was working with Office 2007. I would thank you all for giving me such advisable suggestion to me and it has really helped me to solve the problem. It is grateful of yours to help me and I would keep in mind to uninstall the older version and then install the latest version.