Thread: In windows 7, how to remove the shield icon

In windows 7, how to remove the shield icon

Hi friends, I am using black and white custom desktop at my home and I want to remove the shield icon from the program icon. I had a situation running rainmeter and had to run it in winxp compatability mode and that shield symbol is harshing my desktop. Can anyone know how to change the shield icon from the program or how can I change it? If yes then please help me.

Re: In windows 7, how to remove the shield icon

According to my experience, you cannot remove the shield icon from your program, it is default icon on your system. However, one way is there, you can create elevated shortcut for it instead as a workaround. Hope this thing will help you. Report me back after trying this solution.

Thanks Brink for that tip. I will try that with Ultimate Windows Tweaker (which too requires administrator privileges, it seems). I would be most interested to know how you came across the tip in the first place. Thanks a mill.

Hey, thanks for the solution.
    I will attempt that with Ultimate Windows Tweaker, which too needs overseer benefits, it appears. I could be most extremely captivated to skill you ran into the tip in the ahead of all comers. Much thankful for your reply.

Let me tell you that, we can evacuate the UAC icon that overlay on our executable indexes without updating UAC Settings or trading off on security? In addition how to maintain a strategic distance from that pop-up memo that states you require authoritative keeps in touch with keep on. as a matter of fact situation here is we develop.exe file. Therefore, for that reason you cannot change the default icon of the program.

There are 100s of users who work at diverse puts we cannot inquire to turn off their security settings. In addition, it looks odd to even to inquire to do right click and hit on "Run As Administrator". we need that our requisition might as well begin execution clearly following two fold click, moreover we don’t would like to give them our unit with UAC Shield overplayed it looks totally odd. Is there any fix for our situation?