Thread: Actually, WinSXS Folder not consumes lots of space in windows 7.

Actually, WinSXS Folder not consumes lots of space in windows 7.

Hey, I had seen on many forums on discussing absurd amount of disk space being consumed by the C:\Windows\WinSXS folder. On my home I had already done some testing on this thing and found that this folder contains the files which are mainly hard links to a small number of files, its not positively taking up anyplace close to the space that Windows Explorer is reporting. I had worked on this and want to tell all the user of windows.

Re: Actually, WinSXS Folder not consumes lots of space in windows 7.

I am sorry for this old post, but I think it addresses a concern I've been looking and looking for a response to. I am able to confirm that on my framework, when I unite up every last trace of the root indexes on my essential hard drive then subtract the "size" of the WinSXS manager, I get the reported utilized space in the lands of my boot drive.

I am agree with your post, I also think that winsxs not uses the lot of space, but the space is still saved by windows none less. The just far to unhinder up that space for utilization is to utilize the one system to move the winsxs manager to a different drive. The system is in no route for recruit. I firmly suggest in opposition to doing it.

Sorry, I don’t think that this that the space is used by windows or reserved. In other sense, the space is utilized as right clicking on the envelope and selecting lands states that its X product in size. Yet as I have demonstrated above, if the envelope "REALLY" had 270MB of stuff in it, then the 200MB hard drive could have been filled past limit.

I think when you are running some files like ctts.exe, it appears to demonstrate that an overpowering larger part are "genuine" records and not hard channels. In my case, out of practically 6GB reported ctts.exe declares that just 78MB are hard joins. Well, that would not jive with the MSDN website section from above. So I don’t think that it not consumes so much of unwanted space.