Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error "VS Filter Wrong file version" while opening any MKV file

Windows Software

Old 22-08-2011

Error "VS Filter Wrong file version" while opening any MKV file

Hi, I am recently running windows 7 that I had actually update when I was using windows vista but the problem is like whenever I try to play any MKC file through the player it gives me this error three time, and this is not only for one time rather it just continuously happens each and every time I wanted to play any video. Any idea what could be the problem with the videos? Because as far as I know they were perfectly working in my vista, but getting the better performance to Media Centre I have made this update actually otherwise I was quite happy with the previous version. Any solution to this?

Old 22-08-2011

Re: Error "VS Filter Wrong file version" while opening any MKV file

I think you should try to get some codec for your machine, because sometime it happens as when we try to play such files in the machine it need to have such an codec and without that youíll not be able to play them however.

But you can have another option as well, and by the way it seems that you must be using the traditional media player only for playing those files but still you should try to make use of another player as well, according to me you should try to make use of K-Lite codec player for such a videos.
Old 22-08-2011

It might be possible that the videos are corrupted, though you know that they were actually running in the vista but still as you have update the whole file system so it might be possible, thus as mentioned by the above user you should try to get the codes first for the player or else just try to play those videos through another player, no doubt K-lite is good but you can make use of VLC player as well.
Old 25-08-2011

It seems you are using 64bit Operating System in your machine thus you might not be able to run then directly rather you must have to convert then and donít convert to mp2 but try Dolby Digital or linear PCM. It would work perfectly with default media player.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,