H: My non-OS files.
    Unused: Reserved for Ubuntu and expansion of other partitions
    D: HP recovery partition.
    E: Optical drive.
    F: USB drive.

I have 2 decisions to make:

1. C is currently 285GB. I need to decide on the size of each partition,
    2. Whether to use MBR or GPT.

Presently, I do not have Win 7 compatible backup, or partitioning software that will support, as far as I know, GPT.
    Instantly, I make a point not to have Win 7 perfect support, or apportion product that will support, the extent that I know, GPT. I want to know that will it possible to convert drives to GPT when I have such software.

Re: want to know more about MBR vs GPT

Possibly, I am a small less capable, but what is a reinforcement or parceling product that backings or does not underpin GPT? I mean to state, what does alternate need to do with the segment table and what is off with Windows' partition software?

In short, not only can you not use it, you really have no reason to do so. Windows 7 can just boot from a GPT segment assuming that its IA64 version (doesn’t displayed) or running an EFI as a substitute for BIOS, which I genuinely question you have. Windows XP cannot boot from GPT to any visible scale and Vista can just under the same factors as Windows 7. In short, not just would you be able to not utilize it, you really have no details to do so. I think you would be able to utilize MBR+GPT to with MBR for the boot drives and GPT for space i think you could actually be overcomplicating your setup.

According to me, There appears to be practically nothing desire to move on to GPT. Is the MBR adequate for folks not to regard? It's very clear that the MBR will end up being outdated soon enough, and at the rate technology advances, it appears a small irregular me that its not ending up the standard, yet. Possibly people/the industry just makes update at what time they're compelled to?

I am also experimenting with how to do this, on the event that conceivable, to change over my Win 7 commission to a GPT parcel on a second hard dick holding the OS X install. I have not been ready to utilize my normal cloning programming to duplicate the segment to a GPT segment, as it tries not to even show up visibly as a suitable goal to clone to. I am determined to attempt utilizing CloneZilla to clone to this segment, and I will safe you the time to recognize what I recognize. In the event that it works and I am able to boot to Win 7 utilizing the EFI boot loader for OS X, I will post that recognizing here. In the event that someone has at present attempted this, I could be exceptionally thankful to listen to how things turned.

Hey I think, Apple OS X needs to be installed to a GPT designed volume. My hard ware is a Gigabyte motherboard, and to the finest of my telling, has no backing for UEFI. What I did spot, is the boot loader utilizes EFI to catch all volumes. In this way, there particularly is the fitness today to fix all OSes from Windows Server 2003 SP1 and later in EFI mode, without a unequivocal necessity to be off of a time traditional BIOS.

On my system I am trying to install Mac OSX, which is legal and have the power to establish-and have successfully installed it and redesigned it to OS X Lion (with Win 7 HP on my MBR disc). I am not here to attempt to change over folks to OS X (I'm a MS affirmed tech expert), but I will offer what I ran across in this investigation of mine.

Hey I think, Apple OS X needs to be installed to a GPT designed volume. My hard ware is a Gigabyte motherboard, and to the finest of my telling, has no backing for UEFI. What I did spot, is the boot loader utilizes EFI to catch all volumes. In this way, there particularly is the fitness today to fix all OSes from Windows Server 2003 SP1 and later in EFI mode, without a unequivocal necessity to be off of a time traditional BIOS.
    Thanks mate, I am trying with your solution and getting good results