Thread: Cannot transfer data from windows 7 RC 1 to windows 7 pro using windows easy transfer

Cannot transfer data from windows 7 RC 1 to windows 7 pro using windows easy transfer

Hey hi all, I am using windows 7 RC 1 from the last few months and now I want to move back to windows 7 pro. I am using windows easy transfer for moving my files and other documents to the USB and external hard drive. Now I had done a clean install of windows 7 pro and after that I had tried to transfer the data back from the external hard drive to my computer but at this time windows 7 pro is giving error that ‘’Windows Easy Transfer can't log on to your domain account". How to get out of this problem? I want to recover my stuff back.

Re: Cannot transfer data from windows 7 RC 1 to windows 7 pro using windows easy transfer

I think this error is due to windows 7 RC, because windows 7 RC is ultimate SKU and it not allow restoring on the non corresponding version. On this case I will suggest you to contact with the Microsoft customer service or you can also make a search on the internet for that.

Re: Cannot transfer data from windows 7 RC 1 to windows 7 pro using windows easy transfer

Windows 7 RC is the ultimate SKU version, for that reason your windows easy transfer is not working. The windows 7 RC not allow restoring on the other non corresponding edition. This error message which you are facing is incorrect and this error does not provide the proper description of the issue. The only solution is to contact with the Microsoft customer service. I am sure that they will help you in this case.

In this case I will recommend you to restore back your Windows Easy Transfer file and do the setting manually to backup your personal files. To find your APPDATA folder by opening User Folder > click Organize > Folder and also Search Options > View (tab) > enable Show hidden files, folders and drives > click OK. I hope this thing will help you.

Hey, I was also suffering from the same problem, and after trying for the solution, I finally did it by making the two new user of the same system to receive the archive files. I will tell you to do the same, I am sure that it will help you a lot in this case.

On the my RC 1 system I have only one user account. When I was doing clean install of RTM, I was using the same password as I had used in RC1. On this condition my Windows Easy Transfer is working fine, and it works really, from the long time I am going with this method. Try to do the same.