Thread: Delete previous HP printer software or not?

Delete previous HP printer software or not?

I presently contain a HP Photosmart 2610xi all-in-one printer software installed on top of my Windows XP PC. Yesterday I have got a latest Photosmart C6380 which I want to employ in its place Do I want to remove each and every one of the older HP software (ImageZone, Director, drivers, and so on.) before the fresh installation otherwise will the latest software presently "assemble on" what is previously within my system. If I make it anyhow will this cause any issues?

Re: Delete previous HP printer software or not?

I don’t think that you need to uninstall the older software for this new printer. However if you are only intended to use this new software then it will be a better choice if you remove it prior to the new installation. It might be possible that both the old and new software might be somewhat compatible with your new printer and can cause some issue in certain conditions. Furthermore it would be even better if you remove older printer device drivers also along with the software. In order to get better print it is suggested to remove all the unnecessary things regarding the older printer. If the older printer was from some other makers then there wouldn’t be a problem for you.

Go to Control Panel and then Add or Remove Programs, look for the software you want to remove and give to uninstall. There are also many programs that help you remove any programs, even have its own uninstaller CCleaner though I prefer the one from TuneUp Utilities.

Yes, you have to to uninstall foremost the older software of your mature printer prior to installing the latest one. Ensure you disconnect the older printer from the PC prior to uninstalling the software.

Uninstall programs frequently depart entries within the Registry.I make use of CCleaner to get rid of every one of the orphan entries except whichever Registry Cleaner program will resolve the trouble.

Otherwise make use of HP's Software Removal Tool. It totally eliminates the software, drivers, along with registry entries. You will require running it numerous times - directions as well as download are situated at HP download center which you can see in HP official site.