Thread: Asus RT-N56U Router "connection time out" after firmware update

Asus RT-N56U Router "connection time out" after firmware update

After running firmware update of this Asus RT-N56U router I am facing connection time out message continuously on my screen. The router is not so old and was working a bit slower. So I thought after getting a new firmware update it will work more properly. The issue is not just related to the internet but also to the media server which is connected to my system and to which I use this router. Some of my software do not find files located in the server. How to fix this out.

Re: Asus RT-N56U Router "connection time out" after firmware update

You can try contacting Asus support team for the same. Surely there will be some kind of help you will receive. Second thing it is possible to roll back your old update. For that you will need the copy of old firmware which was working in your router. I think that can be 1.0.1.4 which will surely work properly. Try to roll back the firmware update and then check back again. It will work. Go and search for the most appropriate firmware updates.

It is right you will need to run the old firmware update and then only it will work. The official site has all the updates for that. You just need to download run the same. Also there is an reset option in the router itself. There is an reset button situated somewhere in the backside of the router. Press that for sometime till all the old settings are wiped out. Other than with the installation disc of router you get an pc manager software. It can be used to run updates and configure the router.

You will need to flash the router back again. There are some tools for that, but I will recommend you to rely more on the official updates only. This situation is common for most of the routers that do not sync properly or fail to work while setup. If there is any major flow that cannot be fixed by router firmware flash, then you will need to carry the same to the nearest repair shot to fix it soon. If it is under warranty then there will not be much charge on that.

Run your web browser and type 192.168.1.1. This will take you to the router config page. The page has all settings and information that is required to run it properly. The default IP for almost all router is 192.168.1.1. When you enter the router config page in that go for the option where you can see Update firmware. This is an inbuilt process which searches for the most recent firmware for your router form the official sources.

Before if you found any firmware or drive, I will advice to check the compatibility. Be assure that the application which you are running is best compatible with the router. Because there are some version when you run does not work with old or new hardware. This is an common. Second thing when you are updating the firmware of your router be sure that there is not power interruption. That means the router should no go off, or else it will be dead completely.

Windows has an option to roll back the old drivers. That will be found in Device Manager. This can be helpful to you here. For that right click on my Computer and choose Properties. Then go in Hardware to see Device Manager. Or else if you are using Windows 7 then on the left panel itself you can find Device Manager. Right click on your router in the list and go the drivers tab. There you can see a button which states roll back drivers. Run it and check back. This can help you.

If before the router was working fine, before firmware update, then we cannot conclude the issue of cable. And if you had run a firmware update because of this error, then in my views go for an cable change. Also ping your local isp, router and any site to see that you are getting a continuous ping rate or there is host not reachable error. If the error is regular then somewhere the connection is getting disconnected. For an check, you can just directly plug the internet cable to your system and check. If the net still give the same error then contact your ISP.

I hope that you had downloaded the proper firmware. A re-install will fix the issue. But this time use my link below. This is an official link of Asus RT-N56U Router. Go the the download section and click on your current operating system. Download the firmware and manual as per your need. Run the setup back again. After that you will need to reconfigure the to router settings with your isp settings.

http://www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN56U

Whenever you run a firmware update of your router, reset it. That means just do not directly configure the router. It can cause issues. You have to reset it from the reset button which is given on every router. This flush out the old settings, so that routers can move effectively communicate with the system. The pc suite software of router tells you the router connection status. Go in the control panel of router and navigate through all settings.