Thread: Create a bootable ISO with Chameleon V2

Create a bootable ISO with Chameleon V2

I want to format my computer. For that I need to make bootable disk I just copy and apasted all the content from the CD and when I boot my system it says please insert disc .pls help me I want to know how to create Chameleon 2 bootloader... .?

Re: Create a bootable ISO with Chameleon V2

The very first thing is for installing Operating system what you need is Bootable operating disc you cant make bootable disc by simply copy and pasting u need select a option “copy a CD” from nero burning rom a Compact disc writer .Chameleon is mixture of various boot loader files.with lots of customizable Graphic user interface to improve some look and feel of Darwin Bootloader. And also support APPLE raid software.

• step 1: you have to download Chameleon 2.0 RC1 with DellEfi1.2a5.
    • step 2: it is a zip file after downloading what you need to do is unzip the zip file using winrar , CAM UnZip, and for Linux & MacOs X: MacZip 1.0.7cb1, tar -xzvf Chameleon_BootDisk.img.tar.gz. and for Windows: use 7zip program
    • step 3: Write the img file to a USB drive or pen drive for Windows: Use WinImage software and for Linux & MacOS use dd(Unix) software and be careful while transferring files to USB devices select the proper drive or else the file will get erased.
    • Step3: now with this pendrive you can boot your system

I am already using Chameleon 2.0 and it comes with lots of features such as Hibernation, Directly Booting retail DVDs loading a ramdisk image with any software. New graphic interface to improve look and feel. and I want to know does any latest version realized after it and from where I will get it …???

yes Chameleon 2.0 RC4 is released and it is last version till now .Previously P55 users use to patch their boot file The main thing is that user with Core i5 and Core i7 users can use Chameleon 2.0 RC4's boot file easily and with any updating. New features has added to hide partitions from the bootloader, you can get it from the site.