Thread: unable to install NVIDIA 275.33 driver on the MSI GT780R

unable to install NVIDIA 275.33 driver on the MSI GT780R

I just received my gt780r MSI and trying to update the latest driver for the GPU for NVIDIA site. I downloaded the portable version of 275.33 to win 7 64 bit and when I try to install, it says that is not compatible device for your system. GTX 560 has gt780r but I unable to know why I cannot install this? I triple checked to see if I downloaded right drive or not. So far only let me install driver included 268.12 for this laptop GPU. Can anyone tell me why and how to fix this? I'm in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit version. Please help me.

re: unable to install NVIDIA 275.33 driver on the MSI GT780R

I read your problem and come to know that you have some software related problem. so I can give you some information about that. I think it can be Switchable with integrated graphics and Intel chipset 560M/Intel must use the same version that is supplied by the MSI drivers which just like as: gt780_gtx560m_8.17.12.6812_w732.zip. And further NVIDIA driver assistance should not have looked otherwise it would not be here with your complaint, and do not really have a problem. I have this much of information. Please give the proper information about your configuration so I can give you an exact solution.

After reading your description I want to give some suggestion. Actually I would like information on hybrid technology. I have the GT780R with I7 and GTX560M. I do not think there's an integrated Intel GPU in this configuration so that no acceptable reason for not being able to load the latest drivers. This machine is specifically aimed at gamers, but no self-respect that help older drivers doing 10-15% less than the most recent. This is not an acceptable situation. Wish this will provide some help to solve this issue.

I can give you some idea to solve your problem. I think maybe you should learn more details of the laptop you have, the first hi-jack this and obviously do not know anything about your hardware. The Core i7 CPU has graphics with built in. See the end of my last message. Notebooks to support hybrid technology with the Intel chipsets are not compatible with this release. We not work for MSI so if you think you are directing your comments to MSI is very wrong. If you want to contact MSI about this issue, then contact MSI site authenticated.

I also had same type of problem so that I want to give you some advice. I was thinking of the previous gen I7 quads which do not have integrated graphics. I see from the spec sheet now the 2630 does so I was wrong about. Who does one control which GPU is used? I didn't see anything in the bios, is there a utility to set it to use on or the other, for example to force it to always use the Nvidia chip.BTW I thought this was factory support but I see know it is not, that wasn't clear.

I was thinking of previous generations I7 quads that do not have integrated graphics. I see the spec sheet does now 2630 I was wrong. Who makes a control that uses the GPU? I saw nothing in the bios, there is a utility to configure the use or the other, for example, to force it to always use the NVIDIA chip.BTW I thought this was factory support but I see know that is not it was unclear.

There is typically little to gain performance, but access problems. Tomshardware time ago or Anandtech (forgot) tested all claims nVidia increase in reviews, it appeared that there was no increase at all.
    It was only a few games now faster. At that point, he even recommends maintaining the current release, if no problems.