Thread: Cannot print PDF files from Thunderbird with Acrobat Reader 8

Cannot print PDF files from Thunderbird with Acrobat Reader 8

Hello, we have got new PC’s in our office with Windows7 OS. I’ve got Adobe Acrobat Standard 8 in all the PCs. Everything works fine, but I’ve got one problem. I cannot print the pdf files from Mozilla’s Thunderbird email client. I need to take print outs of the pdf’s sent by mail by my friend directly from the email client. But I cannot take printout and it gives me error in a notepad message saying, “Cambria not found, using Courier” and invalid font and also it contains that “Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored”. Also, the Create PDF icon on the Microsoft Word doesn’t work. When I click on it nothing happens. Can anyone suggest me a solution to these problem? Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot print PDF files from Thunderbird with Acrobat Reader 8

Hello, so the problem you have got is that your computer cannot print your pdf’s. This mostly can be a problem with the email client. But since you have also mentioned that it’s not printing even in Word, the problem most probably is with Adobe. Adobe Acrobat has had lots of issues especially when it comes to internet. I personally, have faced problems viewing or editing PDF’s on internet. You should try updating Adobe or use another PDF viewer as your default PDF viewer. Foxit PDF Editor is a good tool and I am currently using it. Or you can ask your query at Adobe forums, they will definitely help you solve it. All the best.

Thank you for replying to my query sir. Yes, I think I should try it out on another PDF editor. I will definitely try on it soon. But I want to clarify one thing, we can normally print PDF from the Word document, it’s just that the Acrobat toolbar in Word is not running. I can create PDF using Word, but I cannot create using the Adobe Acrobat toolbar icon. So maybe you are right, I must update Acrobat or else use a new one. It’s annoying as I have to use the long method of choosing adobe PDF as printer and then printing instead of just clicking on their toolbar. That’s the reason they have created the toolbar to make the work easier.

So coincidentally I have been in the same situation. You know ‘new’ Windows 7, ‘old’ Adobe Acrobat and Thunderbird 5. But, luckily for you I have found a solution to get out of the situation. The problem is with the font you are using in Thunderbird. You just have to change that and you can print the PDF. In Thunderbird, go to Tools->Options->Display->Formatting->Fonts->Advanced button. You will get a popup window. Just set the serif font to Times New Roman (thus removing Cambria). I see in your notepad the problem is Cambria not found. So, just try these and you can print as PDF again. And yes you can’t blame Thunderbird for it, because it is using a third-party plug-in for pdf. So, Adobe should take care of the font incompatibility if it wants to provide good service.

I tried everything before this. I even updated the Adobe Acrobat to the latest version; it did solve my problem with the Word toolbar though. I contacted them on their forum, but I still was getting the same error about the pdf. I just did exactly as you told, and now I can print it fine. The Thunderbird I think dosen’t have Cambria font and so it could not read the pdf file properly and what was written on it. Now, it shows me the document in Times New Roman and is perfectly running. Thank you for your help.