Thread: Promise T3 SATA RAID controller Windows Vista 64bit driver for Windows 7 x64

Promise T3 SATA RAID controller Windows Vista 64bit driver for Windows 7 x64

Does anyone tried to use the Windows Vista 64bit drivers of Promise T3 controller which comes with the MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboard on Windows 7 64 bit? Will they work if I do so? However my system specifications are as follows:
    • Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    • Processor; AMD Phenom X4 9550
    • Memory 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR2
    • Motherboard: MS-7376
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3870
    • Hard Drives: 1000GB MICRONET FANTOM DRIVE Optical Drives

Re: Promise T3 SATA RAID controller Windows Vista 64bit driver for Windows 7 x64

I had the same situation with Vista (Home Premium, x86) as I tried to install a cluster on a RAID0 Asus P5N7-VA (nForce 730i). So I set my SATA controller to RAID in the BIOS. I could create my RAID array from the BIOS and continue installing Windows ... until the end of the load when I was asked to load the driver CD / DVD missing. I then tried with another version (Ultimate x64) and got the error message.

Re: Promise T3 SATA RAID controller Windows Vista 64bit driver for Windows 7 x64

I have also stuck in the same situation. After several unsuccessful attempts I tried to iron my SATA controller. I could then install Windows 7 without the missing driver, but I lost my RAID array. The message came so obviously the SATA controller; it would seem that the lack of RAID drivers (to be provided by the user on motherboards based on nVidia chipset) also affects the SATA devices that are not part of the cluster when the RAID is enabled.

The Windows Setup program does not contain the drivers for the SATA drives, which, for this reason, are not recognized. To correct the problem you have to enter the BIOS, and then call up the configuration page of integrated peripherals, and then scroll down to select the parameter that controls the operating mode of the SATA controller. Choose the IDE or compatible mode, which activates emulation of IDE controller: is usually turned on by default AHCI mode, which is only compatible with Linux and Vista.

I configured three SATA drives in RAID 5. I had the same problem. I get the drivers on the DVD of the motherboard (with another PC). The directory is: RAID \ AMD \ Driver \ Disk \ RAID \ Win7 \ x64 or RAID \ AMD \ Driver \ Disk \ AHCI \ Win7 \ x64 (I do not remember which one :-(). I have copied a key USB and I installed the provided, Windows has restarted immediately. But it is force stunt which is not for all. You need a better luck for that.

You can download the SATA drivers from the CD-ROM driver or motherboard manufacturer's website. Usually these drivers are called "F6 driver disk" in the case of additional controller chip, or "Intel Application Accelerator" if the chipset on the motherboard is manufactured by Intel. Copy the drivers to a blank disk, then restart the computer from the Windows XP installation CD and press F6 as soon as the bottom of the screen appears the message prompting you to press the button to install the SCSI controller driver. Insert floppy disk into the drive; select the driver for the SATA controller from the list to appear on the screen.