Thread: Under RST “accelerate” button was not found

Under RST “accelerate” button was not found

Well Guys I am having problem with this Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Driver of Intel. I have the latest version of RST installed that is RST 10.5.0.1027 and the operating system, I am using is Windows 7 64 Bit I have checked all the Intel drivers by Intel through the Intel Utility Driver, Also I can see SSD and I wanted to use the Accelerate button which is available in the IRST App but could not found the accelerate button but could not found it. Guys I need help can someone give some suggestion??

Re: Under RST “accelerate” button was not found

The capability of Rapid storage Technology (RST) is to provide the ability to use the Solid State Drive that is SSD to speed up the system operations that is known as the SRT Smart Response Technology now but It was being called an SSD caching in the earlier period. In the RST Graphical user Interface an Accelerate button must appear to permit assortment of extra SSD to use as an SRT resources. A numerous of folks including myself are having a great deal of difficulty getting this option to work as Intel claims.

There's not anything automatic apart from the drivers and Windows 7 will recognize the SSD. You will be setting the option in the BIOS to let the system know that the system which method to use-- RAID, IDE, or AHCI. If that has been done, Windows should load the suitable drivers. To make the maximum out of your SSD, it should be linked to a SATA III interface (if possible NOT a Marvell controller interface). There are some other items to make sure but I am not sure what type of hardware is in your use. One more point which is to be kept in mind do not just change to RAID or AHCI. In the BIOS has been already set to IDE. The system might not load and may hang. Windows might not have loaded the drivers.

After some debate with an ASUS representative Intel requires that for use of Smart Response Technology (SRT) inside RST Your operating system might be on RAID (via the SATA connections I suppose) or an HDD or and a utilized SSD be able to fetch (for SSD caching). Else no SRT and the Accelerate button should appear. I am not sure why Intel should care where the OS and apps are positioned but they've made it a prerequisite for use of SRT. Such setups are most likely more aimed at OEMs and their machines than that of who rule their own machine.

Hey In view of the problem you are facing I think the type of the button you are searching for is linked to the mother board like Gigabyte for gamer. Since we run a big site of Israel hotel and we have been doing it since long in the server we allow to run 10 SSD hard drives and i must say it’s Its amazingly is fast and superb experience to have this. If you are having the OS on a fast SSD embedded into SATAIII and if you are using two lesser SSDs as RAID0 through SRT. Probably a better combination if you are having the extra SSDs.